The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Take a look at Rio Grande pickups - they make an excellent product. I've got a Stelly in my strat in the bridge position, Fralins in the other two slots. By itself, the Stelly is a refreshing change from, say, an average Fender strat pickup - strong output, not thin at all, yet not muddy. Sounds great clean, even better overdriven. With the Fralin in the middle, it clucks and snaps all day long - nice and slinky and funky.

Had the Suhr V60LP's in a Suhr strat - lovely strat sound - more chime and air than the Rio's, but meaty enough to get the job done. His tele pickups kill though! A lot depends, as has been said, on the body and neck wood. My Korina bodied/necked strat with a rosewood board and rio's would sound much different than a light swamp ash bodied/hard rock maple strat with the same pickups. Gotta love them all - something in every one, just waiting for the player to pull it out...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.