The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Where did you get them? I can get them through US mail order for about 280cdn when you factor in the the exchange, shipping and the USPS/Canada Post fee and gst. 12fret quoted me 300 dollars and then I would have to pay gst/pst and shipping. So at least 360 from them.

A no brainer as they are both mail order. The US dealers are not allowed to discount.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is a mightymite body though I am unsure as to the wood, it is the standard one they sell. The rosewood neck is a lacedo (or lacido) not sure about the spelling, apparently they were made in quebec. It has (had) a super distortion and paf humbuckers from dimarzio in them but with 2 gibson les pauls, I want a change. I have an 82 japanese made fender strat (62 reissue) and was looking for a similar sound. The guitar itself is bigger/heavier than the ash bodied strat. The Acmeguitar website has sound profiles of the fralin blues and texas specials. The suhrs were recommended by a local store that sells them. I have not heard them.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right now I have a seymour duncan single coil that was taken out of my strat and replaced with the stock 1982 that it came with. The SD is from around 1990 or so, and is a Mark Knopfler model they used to sell. Very clean nice sound. I am going for a slightly dirtier sound with this guitar and the fralins blues and the texas ones seemed to have the slightly higher output that provide it....But I am open to suggestions..

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forgot to mention that I corresponded with miketurkpickups.com from near Toronto and his pickups sound like they would be a good match as well. Any one chime in with a word on his stuff?

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
photo...

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/davestp1/?action=view&current=IMG_0301.jpg

My four guitars. I am also looking at a 62 or 57 replacement fender neck for it after the pickups are changed. I am considering a maple fingerboard. What are the differences in feel between a rosewood board and maple anyone? I've never had one but am curious about them.

From left to right are the partscaster, a 92 stock gibson les paul standard, a 78 stock gibson les paul custom and a 1982 japanese made 1962 reissue fender strat, (april 1982) I have since the photo was taken put a green period correct guard and aged parts on it. The guard in the photo is an aftermarket as the original was carved for a humbucker in 1984.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I ended up getting a set of Lindy Fralin Blues Specials second hand. Just have to decide if I want to get and install the plate that goes on the bottom of the bridge pickup....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.