The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized I have no idea how old my Simon & Patrick is... and I can't seem to find anything online that describes the serial number breakdown. Maybe I'm just missing it online somewhere.

I found something for Godin, which apparently have 8 digits, but my S&P has 12 digits.

Does anyone know the breakdown for a S&P serial number?

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
No, but you could email Godin and they would help you out.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
I tried. No response yet. I suppose I could call them, but I thought I'd see if anyone here knew something about it first.
Yes, they are slow. The last time I emailed them with a question, albeit during the holidays, it took several days for them to return my email.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply...I'm batting .250 for email responses from Godin .

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow... I sent them an email about the same time I posted this thread... and I just got a response

Our 12 digit serial numbers provide no info on the production date, but according to our records, your guitar was shipped to a dealer in May 2015, so it was most probably built earlier in 2015.

033195 is the code for the S&P SONGSMITH FOLK BURST
0 indicates that the guitar is not a factory second (9=factory second)
02358 indicates that it was the 2358th S&P SONGSMITH FOLK BURST built.

·
Registered
9,891 Posts
Wow... I sent them an email about the same time I posted this thread... and I just got a response

Our 12 digit serial numbers provide no info on the production date, but according to our records, your guitar was shipped to a dealer in May 2015, so it was most probably built earlier in 2015.

033195 is the code for the S&P SONGSMITH FOLK BURST
0 indicates that the guitar is not a factory second (9=factory second)
02358 indicates that it was the 2358th S&P SONGSMITH FOLK BURST built.

I was just about to post this - their serial numbers don't provide info on the dates of production.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts