The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Silvertone guitar and amp yestiddy for 100 CAD, through a Kijiji deal. The git is a black Strat clone with the obligatory white melted-Javex-bottle pickguard. ( I find white pickguards revolting on most guitars) The amp is a model Smart II S and I'm pleased with them. The guitar plays well, so I'm not in a hurry to take it to a luthier. From what I can make out on the net, it's actually made by Samick, which bothers me not jot nor tittle. I dunno who built the amp, but it seems to be a lot better quality than that phony TecAmp I have. I'm not sure who made the old Sears models, but a school mate of mine had one, and we played the living daylights out of it. So I'm hoping that this one will prove just as durable.The whole ensemble has been well taken care of, too. I now have 3 black Strat clones, but the Robson is going to be gifted to a young lad up in rural Quebec who shows a lot of promise, after I have it properly set up by a luthier. I'm keeping the Silvertone for the memories it evokes, though. The other black Strat clone is a GWL with red tort pickguard and a blackout kit. Colour me chuffed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts