The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's !....................yesterday I was looking for some humbucker pickups
with that honky woody Udo Pipper tone ,.........just like on the demos below.
Came accross Sigil site after reading a thread here so found a clip from Doug playing them
and they have that woody elastic sound I'm looking for ,.but I realized that they are made with
genuine coil which is rare ,....that was explained to me by David Bowes from Sigil who responded
quickly and explained why they were pricey .

Great sounding pickup for sure !

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
His other pickups without the super pricey vintage wire are also great sounding. And if your not super fussy about it being a perfect PAF clone, I highly reccomend his session series. All the tone and half the price. I couldn't believe the note clarity I got with my London 66 Sessions

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
His other pickups without the super pricey vintage wire are also great sounding. And if your not super fussy about it being a perfect PAF clone, I highly reccomend his session series. All the tone and half the price. I couldn't believe the note clarity I got with my London 66 Sessions
Cool tx !.............he suggested me a few that I need to listen but didn't have the time yet.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
I found Dave to be a great guy to work with to get a sound. I have used the Bluesman Chicago 68 and the Lips Kudlow sets. Both were exactly as described. I've got the Lips Kudlow set listed here in the For Sale forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts