The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For reasons I won't go into, "made in USA" has lost it's appeal to me. I used to be a USA snob. I would look down my snout at guitars and players not sporting American made brands like Gibson or Fender. But not anymore.

Show us your offshore gems. Guitars that are top notch despite, or because where they are from.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I don’t have pictures but my Korean made guild starfire can get those amazing white falcon sound I like and has more playability than a real country gentleman

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
I usually don't like Bart's on a bass.....but they work perfect with this 2004, 1st year Korean made Skyline/Lakland HB.

Musical instrument Guitar Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory Wood

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
My MIK Peavey Jack Daniels.
Plant Musical instrument Guitar Flower String instrument

Super light, ebony board, mahogany body, LP-ish tone. Never given me an issue, unlike my US made Charvel San Dimas, for example.
I bought it due to its low price to keep at the cottage (in case of a break-in). Sold the cottage and just have too many gits now so it doesnt get played as much-like almost all my guitars lol. But its always impressed me with how easy it is to play and sounds great.

Reactions: laristotle

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Ibanez Prestige. One of my many neck-throughs shredders. I love the easy access to all 24 frets without a bulky neck joint. Its a Jem killer.
Made in Japan (not sure Japan can be considered offshore anymore though due to high prices and quality/reputation).
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory Wood

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
The best single cut I have owned bar none, this is after 2 LP Customs, 2 LP reissues a R9 and R8, 3 standards from different era’s, a Shyboy JR, LP Junior, 2 heritage 150 a PRS singlecut and a Tremonti, this guitar was the best of them all…. Build quality, tone , neck, feel. It’s a perfect guitar

Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument accessory String instrument

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
The best single cut I have owned bar none, this is after 2 LP Customs, 2 LP reissues a R9 and R8, 3 standards from different era’s, a Shyboy JR, LP Junior, 2 heritage 150 a PRS singlecut and a Tremonti, this guitar was the best of them all…. Build quality, tone , neck, feel. It’s a perfect guitar

View attachment 383398
It's tough comparing ESP to just about any other offshore brand. Their custom shop stuff is as high, if not higher quality than just about anything else. American or other. And they have the price tags to match it.

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Fender ProTone Strat and Telecaster, Gretsch Electromatic (none of which I have anymore) maybe on a good day, but the Dobro (which I still have) anytime.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts