The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
My Taylor GS-Mini, not really a beater but because it's relatively inexpensive and laminate sides and body it goes everywhere with me. It lives behind my chair in the living room. I play it in the backyard, at jams, picnics, etc. It's pretty much always with me.

2016-02-13 13.24.56.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,088 Posts
My Taylor GS-Mini, not really a beater but because it's relatively inexpensive and laminate sides and body it goes everywhere with me. It lives behind my chair in the living room. I play it in the backyard, at jams, picnics, etc. It's pretty much always with me.
I like that. Played a couple at L&M that I liked too.

What do you have for a case?

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
This is my only acoustic at the moment. So it's my everything acoustic. It's an Alvarez Masterworks MD60. I would have no problem taking it to a campfire but it would go in the case and back in when I was finished with it.

Reactions: Blind Dog

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Reactions: Frenchy99

·
Premium Member
11,088 Posts
This is the official beater/campfire guitar, and it generally gets left at the family cottage all summer for folks to play. It's convenient, but regardless I'll often carry another instrument. Also pictured is the Outdoor Ukulele I got this year for the same use.
IMG_7386.JPG

·
Registered
500 Posts

RK ROS-A9M

(Bow to Norman B20, and Seagull S6 as imo the quintessential Canuck Campfire Guitars.)

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
This is the actual B20 that Norman took with him when he sailed the North West Passage. It's actually in pretty good shape and I scalloped the braces a bit with a thumb plane and a six pack to give it more bottom end.

·
Premium Member
12,243 Posts
I had a Simon and Patrick 6 CW Cedar (or something like that). Looked like this .....

upload_2018-5-8_19-54-16.jpeg

Hated it. The badly shaped cutaway caused the guitar to constantly walk off my leg - even before I got through the first few beer. And it only got worse the further I got into the case. I won't get into the fact that it sounded like it was made out of cardboard and didn't play very well either. I was glad to be rid of it.

I use my Tak EF360SC now. A much, much better guitar - but to be fair probably worth twice as much. The built in tuner is one of the best for acoustic I've ever used. And the cutaway isn't a design flaw.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts