The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which of your guitars is your favorite, and why? Also, don't post about a guitar you wish you had, it has to be a guitar you currently own. Show us that one guitar that stands out in your collection.

Mine would have to be my modded, low-end Washburn guitar (Which i don't know the model).

I've tried out many guitars, and often considered changing guitars for a new one in a store, but in my opinion, no guitars in the store compared to this cheap guitar, which i am honestly surprised to say is my favorite. I just love everything about it, i love the feel, the neck which seems to be the one i feel most at home on, and the beautiful sparkley orange colour. I added the Killswitch myself (the red button), changed the pickups and the whammy bar.

Full top front vew

Headstock front

Artsy picture

Back of guitar

·
Registered
281 Posts
I know I've posted this one before

but here it is again, my favourite guitar 1955 Harmony H-62

they were made with early 40's Gibson made prototype p-90 predecessor pickups that where sold to Harmony called P-13's (you can see them on 40-41ish gibson electrics see pic at bottom and some lab steels I believe)

here's a 1941 Gibson ES-150 with it's original P-13

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I've posted about this one before too. My absolute favorite guitar.

2001 Les Paul 59 Reissue, ex **** Ralphs, sent to Historic Makeovers for their "D" treatment (brazilian fretboard set with hide glue, 50s style truss with no sleeve, 50s style inlays, new frets, bone nut), Voodoo 59 pickups (both 7.8, AL3 with the PG mod), real vintage bumblebees, 50s studs. I love this guitar.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I've posted about this one before too. My absolute favorite guitar.

2001 Les Paul 59 Reissue, ex **** Ralphs, sent to Historic Makeovers for their "D" treatment (brazilian fretboard set with hide glue, 50s style truss with no sleeve, 50s style inlays, new frets, bone nut), Voodoo 59 pickups (both 7.8, AL3 with the PG mod), real vintage bumblebees, 50s studs. I love this guitar.

Man that must have cost a mint, but judging by your collection, I'm not sure cost was an issue?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
This is the one I play more than any other, and the one I'd grab if the proverbial house was on fire. A 1997 PRS CE22, recently modified with JS Moore pickups, and now has a 3 way switch instead of the 5 way in this picture. I've never found a comfier neck than the Wide Fat neck on this one:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Love this thread! Beautiful specimens, all of 'em. Dig the Washburn that started the thread off.... I have a few Washies in my collection. And that green fifties number? Wow, what a stellar instrument. Pure gold.

This is my sentimental (and a highly-valued practical) favourite. A 1971 Guild S100 - their answer to the infamous SG. I recently nicknamed her "Richmond" after the pawn shop I bought her from. Yeah, it's kind of a butch name for something you refer to in the feminine, but whatever - this guitar has attitude to spare so maybe it fits after all. Got this baby ten years after she first came out of the Westerly, Rhode Island guitarworks, and kept her all these years. Been modded, refretted, scraped and dented something fierce. Who knows where it'd been until it came into my hands. Got a guitar tech friend to give her a makeover last month. She is pretty battle-scared beneath all that stainless steel sheeting... now she exudes serious mojo.

·
Administrator
17,169 Posts
Probably still my 1993 LP Std "The Natural" which I'm told was a limited run. Came originally with gold hardware and pups, aged inlays and tuners, and a cream pickguard. It now actually has a pair of double cream Wolfetone Greywolfe pups and I've removed the pickguard to show the grain. Plays as easy as pie and sounds killer. About due for a fret job though.

·
Registered
737 Posts
................She is pretty battle-scared beneath all that stainless steel sheeting... now she exudes serious mojo.
Mojo I guess! Did your guitar tech buddy or someone else do the stailess Max, or is it stock?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Michelle, my friend Mel did it. I designed the shape more or less, both the headstock and the body shield, and he got a metalworker to cut the steel, which he then finished and applied to the guitar, after which he gave it a good once-over and set it up with new strings. I have no SGs right now but this one kinda fits that bill.

Man, someone post more pics. I'm enjoying this too much. Davetcan, the grain on that baby is superb... talk about a work of art. I'm usually not one for flashy finishes and vivid grain up the wazoo, but once in awhile I make an exception!

·
Administrator
17,169 Posts
Man, someone post more pics. I'm enjoying this too much. Davetcan, the grain on that baby is superb... talk about a work of art. I'm usually not one for flashy finishes and vivid grain up the wazoo, but once in awhile I make an exception!
Thanks Maxer, there is some definitely killer stuff around here, including yours, always been interested in those Guilds.
The nice thing about my Lester is that in some lights it looks like a plaintop, but catch it just right and it lights up.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Hey Dave, that is one of the most stunning Les Pauls' I have ever seen! I'll bet it is a joy to play.
Probably still my 1993 LP Std "The Natural" which I'm told was a limited run. Came originally with gold hardware and pups, aged inlays and tuners, and a cream pickguard. It now actually has a pair of double cream Wolfetone Greywolfe pups and I've removed the pickguard to show the grain. Plays as easy as pie and sounds killer. About due for a fret job though.

·
Premium Member
13,289 Posts
I play this one the most. I think I am going to get an RS Guitarworks upgrade kit for it. A Hamer P90 Special with J.S. Moore pups.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Sweet Tele, Lester B... looks great stripped. I'm always reluctant to strip a guitar, fearing for the worst - but that's certainly a handsome grain and that unpretentious organic look is, to my way of thinking, perfectly natural for such an austere, no-nonsense a design as the Telecaster. Very nice guitar.

Robert - nice cherry Hamer. Those P-90s look so natural on that guitar. I have a later model archtop Hamer that strongly resembles an LP special. Thing just rings for days, although I'm not so keen on the upper-fret access. Still, a nice guitar. Hamer makes great stuff.. it's almost criminal how underrated they tend to be. I only wish they worked harder on their headstock designs and logos... I find the latter in particular tends to be done in a dull way. They should be prouder of what they do! Picky of me, I know... still, they do have high standards in terms of sheer build quality.

·
Registered
281 Posts
god damn that tele is nice!!

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Although it's kinda like asking which one of my children is my favourite, I'd definitely have to go with my 82' Tokai Custom.
I have to agree with Allthumbs so I just picked the one that was closest to me, my '92 Gibson ES-335, the guitar that can do it all; jazz, rock and the Blues

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maxer: Wow dude, that guitar is sick!! :rockon:

Lester B Flat: Wow, very beautiful telecaster, i dig this one lots! How much did you pay for it!

Very nice guitars everybody :)

1 - 20 of 225 Posts