The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people in the Ottawa go to Ian Weston for repairs. Problem is, he is usually swamped and takes in no new work for a long while. That’s what happened when I wanted to take my Martin to him. I had to find another Luthier.

The work on my 12 sting was to repair a crack on the side, buff out scratches on the back and lower the action. I searched and ended up going with Jerome at Glebe Guitar Repair in the Glebe off Bank st in Ottawa. I had not heard of him before so I kind of took a chance. I’m glad I did. Jerome fixed everything within a couple weeks and for under $130. I thought that was very reasonable and the guitar sounds and looks awesome again. Well done, Jerome.

I’d highly recommend him for guitar repairs (electric or acoustic). As a bonus, Jerome is an accomplished musician so he really knows what a guitar should sound and feel like.

Check him out. Glebeguitar.ca

P

·
0 Posts
He also has some pretty cool jazz cat licks in his playing style. Plus a Kingsley Jester on his pedalboard.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I get the sense that Jerome really likes what he does. His work is impeccable and he always makes you feel welcome when you drop by.

If you have a strat you owe it to yourself to have him do a floating trem setup for you, it will change the way you play.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Yep, Jerome is a class act and does great work. Highly recommended. Ian Weston is also very good but his turn around time can be a bit longer and like Daniel said, he sometimes has to refuse work in order to get back on track.

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
You guys are making me blush. Lol.
Thanks so much. I appreciate the kind words.
From what I remember, you used to put together beautiful guitars with a fantastic relic. Anything in the works? Like a soft tail strat or something... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts