The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came on the radio yesterday & gave me "the feels", brought me right back to the Owen Sound Drive-In in the summer of 1990.

James Mankey's solo is concise & perfect, which got me to thinking about other short & sweet solos. Others atop my list include:

Ace Frehley - I Was Made For Loving You

EVH - Jump

Vito Bratta - When The Children Cry

What some of yours?

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
I've always loved almost all of Donald Roeser's (BOC) solos, irrespective of length. One of my favorites in this tune:

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
We're working on a Beatles medley and I had to work out the Helter Skelter solo. Vedddddy interesting ............ and concise.

Also, Elliot Easton's solo in Just What I Needed.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Some that jump immediately to mind:

Eagles: Please Come Home for Christmas
Pink Floyd: Mother

There will be others.

·
Administrator
17,302 Posts
Michael Britt - Amazed - Solo starts at 2:47
Adam Levy - Come Away With Me - Solo at 1:44

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some fine solos but short = < 0:30

Please embed the link to your song & list the time when the solo begins - I listened to a lifetime's worth of country songs growing up, help me FFWD to the good part.

Solo begins at 3:15

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Solo begins at 2:33.

P.S. I wonder if the (Steinberger?) headless guitar was just a prop for the video?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I've always thought the solo in "Sympathy for the Devil" was short, but I just timed it at 0:35. Does it count? The song itself is over 6:00...

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mr. Page just gets in under the wire. Greasy goodness begins at 2:17

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've always thought the solo in "Sympathy for the Devil" was short, but I just timed it at 0:35. Does it count? The song itself is over 6:00...
Since that's <10% of the total run time of the song we can let it slide - but just this once. ;-)

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
It ain't Brian May and some may be over 30 seconds but this guy does a very decent job on copyinig some of Brian's best.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Time for a lil' Country! One of my all time favs... I wish I had this Chickin' Pickin' in my tool belt

Solo starts at 1:38, and barely makes the 10 second mark in length.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts