The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Been on vac and was shopping in Halifax, bought this off a Kijiji ad...

L-H 04 Epi SG, grovers, set neck, made_to_spec 57's, branded HS case. Hardly been played, fit & finish excellent, great tone, adj the neck and action, new strings, just need to do intonation.

It rocks man! I think it's posessed!

Epi LP Special is gone, sig updated
:wave:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lmao! thats pretty funny... but nice looking epi

mind if i ask how much you paid?
Oh I didn't get it at a steal price, it's an awesome axe though and the newer ones seem 'cheaper', $300, no tax, that's a good CDN made case too, I'm glad I got it.

Upside-down guitars are a godsend to lefty's, the joy! A guitar made for me! :)

:banana:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was just wondering, I heard that all you have to do to a guitar to make it a lefty is to just put the strings in a different order, but I notice that the slots in the nut seem to reflect the string sizes that are supposed to go there for a "righty" setup. So can you just switch the strings, or the strings and get a different nut or is there more factors to it?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just wondering, I heard that all you have to do to a guitar to make it a lefty is to just put the strings in a different order, but I notice that the slots in the nut seem to reflect the string sizes that are supposed to go there for a "righty" setup. So can you just switch the strings, or the strings and get a different nut or is there more factors to it?
Hi ICP; Look closely at the bridge in the pic, it is slanted so intonation would be impossible unless the bridge was re-installed, (leaves big holes). But you're right when it comes to like a Strat, just reverse the bridge, change the nut, move the strap button.

Using a r-h guitar for left introduces some awkwardness when it comes to the cord, vol & tone controls, and top-heaviness/balance, (especially bass). No need though for me to ever use a r-h guitar again, l-h ones are readily available these days.

Played it again last nite, it's very light in weight but very heavy in tone, fast neck, absolutely love the tone of the neck p/u, sustain for days.

SeeYa :wave:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Nice. Some of the pre-China Epi's are pretty sweet for the coin. I have a '00 g-400 that plays great. Not the prettiest wood in the world (3-piece body) but a nice rich heritage cherry finish & a killer axe for what I paid. I replaced the electronics & the bridge pickup (Duncan JB) but that's about all I did to the thing.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sweet. I have an Epiphone Custom G400, the white one with 3 pickups and gold hardware. It plays awesome, but I'm not a huge fan of the pickups. I thought about changing them out, but think I'll just wait for a deal for a Gibson.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet. I have an Epiphone Custom G400, the white one with 3 pickups and gold hardware. It plays awesome, but I'm not a huge fan of the pickups. I thought about changing them out, but think I'll just wait for a deal for a Gibson.
I'm ok with the neck pickup but with the bridge, I'm trying to find that spot in height adj between excessive crunch and 'too clean', I never think to use vol/tone controls, <shrug>, might help.

Good luck finding that deal Adam! Or watch for deals on some pups.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts