The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a 55lb tube amp from BC to Elmira (Kitchener) Ont.. Was shipped via Kanada Post. the cost insured was around the $50 mark. Was to take up to 8 days. Recieved in approx. 4 1/2 days including the weekend.
The amp was packed SUPER well, but just the same there was not even a skuff mark or tear in the cardboard carton.
This is my second recent good experience with Canada Post and I highly recommend. (make sure you pack well as if you were shipping UPS - LOL )
cheers to all
RIFF

·
Registered
233 Posts
I use Canada Post for all my shipments, no problems here.

I did have one bad experience that took 8 months to straighten out but that was the fault of the claims bee-itch that handled my case. Long story short I sent a guitar to a customer in NY, it went missing, arrived a month later, box was flattened and had a crap load of holes in it. The poor guitar was trashed. When I finally got it back I sent it in as asked and someone stole it from the claims office. This chick was a flake and ended up going on leave a few times, gave me a few run around stories then finally retired leaving many unresolved cases, mine being one of them. As soon as someone else looked into it I had my money a week later.

But 1 bad one out of hundreds ain't so bad....:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I sent one guitar from Hamilton to Scotland via Canada Post and it arrived without a hitch. I recieved a guitar today from Calgary, 6 business day delivery, got it in 3. No problems and very reasonable considering the alternatives.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I just did a test shipment from Hamilton to Calgary. I put a guitar in a cardboard box and sent it the cheapest route via Canada Post. It took the alloted six days to get there but it apparently arrived unscathed.

I wouldn't recomend shipping a guitar without a proper shipping box though.

I

·
0 Posts
I even try to ship pedal boards in to the US with Canada Post if I can. They have incredibly reasonable brokerage fees and they move things through the border very, very quickly. UPS has been the worst in my experience for brokerage fees and border delays. They will, of course, bend over backwards for the shipper and come and pick it up and such. But I'd rather my customers didn't get the nasty "surprise" bill from UPS on their end.

·
Registered
790 Posts
UPS = The Devil

Don't ever ship with them across the border. You'll pay! If you buy something from the USA don't let them ship UPS either.

Something I learned from a recent experience with UPS: if you refuse to pay the brokerage fees and the seller won't pay to have it shipped back, they'll waive the fees for you (brokerage, not the taxes).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts