The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..I'm trying to buy some cabs. They're in the same province, but I cant seem to find a shipping company to suit my needs.

Theres 2 4x12's that are gonna be coming...they weight about 75 pounds each and are roughly 30 x 30 x 13 (deep).

The guy who I was buying from even contacted Greyhound (the bus company) and they said it was above their max specs (I think on height). Also for Canada Post, these are over the weight limit.

I know I'm gonna be paying over $100 for shipping on these. I've gotten over that. But its such a damn good deal for 2 great cabs...I can't pass it up.

Any ideas guys?? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I was looking into shipping a cab recently and UPS would do it. I didn't end up shipping it after all, but if you're stuck check with them.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I shipped a 2x12. Canada Post wouldn't take it but UPS did. With a 4x12 you may have to contact a moving company. They may have a truck headed your way with some extra space.

TG

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you have Pak Mail where you live, I found that they are willing to ship any size and any weight. They were always willing to do better than UPS or FedEX on price whenever possible. I've sent items to the US and to New Zealand (family) with them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i guess it's up to how good the deal is. personally, i would never have a 4X12 cabinet shipped. it's just too pricey and id be scared of damaging the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts