The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
687 Posts
Nice guitar. Need one of those myself...

The pickups in the Epi's have changed so many times I'm not even gonna try to figure out what was stock in your guitar. I do know that the stock P-U's in most Epi's up until about 4 years ago were dime store junk for the most part. My 2000 G-400 had horrendous pickups in it. Actually, the neck pickup is still stock. It actually sounds kinda funky but squeals like a banshee with the least amount of gain & volume.

The newer Epi's have "authorized by Gibson made in U.S.A" pickups. What that really means I don't know. I think they're now all potted (unlike the old ones), and it probably means the manufacture is outsourced so they're not "authentic" Gibson. I don't know how good they really are.

· Registered
687 Posts
They may be just fine. You never know. As I said, they changed almost yearly. I would expect some of the older ones probably had decent pickups in them. Pickups are like speakers though - totally subjective. What I hated you may really dig.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.