The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears she went through a lot in the last few years, including Lyme disease.

Still the one: Shania Twain on returning to music after messy divorce

Still the one: Shania Twain on returning to music after messy divorce
'The way I feel in my heart is just going into my music right now,' she tells CBC News
By Hailey McAdams, CBC News Posted: Jun 29, 2017 5:30 PM ET Last Updated: Jun 29, 2017 7:21 PM ET

Shania Twain’s painful divorce opened up ‘flood of creativity’
00:00 00:58

Shania Twain’s painful divorce opened up ‘flood of creativity’ 0:58

After a painful divorce and a supposed farewell tour in 2015, country superstar Shania Twain is back with new music and a new outlook on life.

"I'm definitely more revealing in this album than ever before," the singer told CBC News on Thursday. "The way I feel in my heart is just going into my music right now. And I'm happy with that.

"I feel good about sharing it and it's good for me, too."

It's a surprise comeback of sorts. NOW, slated for release on Sept. 29, marks Twain's first studio album in 15 years.

The country legend's first single off the album, Life's About to Get Good, is all about perspective; she is focused on keeping it positive.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I could swear she released an album a few years ago (post mutt post fame) and it went nowhere. Is this no album in 15 'comeback' just a marketing ploy?

Maybe I am wrong, but man I swear there was an album

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
She's doing Ok. This is from a couple of years ago. I wonder if Mutt looks back after seeing her in her show in Vegas and thinks "what the hell did I do"?

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Lionel Ritchie was instrumental in Shania's come back a couple of years ago. In this video you can hear the constriction in her voice caused by health concerns which developed from issues she had to deal with in her life.

·
Premium Member
10,865 Posts
Was never very impressed with her when hearing her interviewed, and in spite of not being a fan of the genre, I will gladly admit she's got a great voice. She's no Linda Ronstadt on any level, and for me that's the benchmark.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Listened to the new single. Sounded pop to me , I can not see country radio pushing this song. Don't think I herd a fiddle or steel or even a electric guitar in the clip. I am a big fan of her country music though.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The funny thing to is most of the music she listened to was Mutt Lange/David Foster produced stuff. Def Leppard, AC/DC, Bryan Adams, etc.

Never really thought of her as hot. She was just my friends kind of bitchy older sister.

We used to wait til she fell asleep, roll her truck out of the driveway in neutral and bomb around.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Listened to the new single. Sounded pop to me , I can not see country radio pushing this song. Don't think I herd a fiddle or steel or even a electric guitar in the clip. I am a big fan of her country music though.
Shania was more country in her early years but much like someone like say, Dolly Parton, realized the biggest draw would be a more pop orientated sound. I much prefer her later more pop stuff as I feel it gave her a better platform for her voice and talent.
What is most current country music but mainly glossy pop with the odd obligatory pedal steel, cowboy hat and twangy vocal.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Was never very impressed with her when hearing her interviewed, and in spite of not being a fan of the genre, I will gladly admit she's got a great voice. She's no Linda Ronstadt on any level, and for me that's the benchmark.
I wouldn't consider Linda Ronstadt at Shania's level so I'll respectfully disagree.

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
Lance, have you looked at LR's early stuff? She was a pint sized powerhouse, with way more range than Shania. And she was just as big a star in the 70's.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Lance, have you looked at LR's early stuff? She was a pint sized powerhouse, with way more range than Shania. And she was just as big a star in the 70's.
I wouldn't say she was as big of a commercial success as Shania. But I think she had a superior vocal talent

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I'd never considered comparing the two so I guess what it comes down to is I prefer Shania's voice, abilities and songwriting over Linda's.
My previous statement is therefore based only on my likes & opinion.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts