The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I'm trying to find a full size SG pickgaurd for my recently acquired Epiphone
G400. (I've seen this full size pickgaurd refered to as the 'bat wing' style, also.) You see, I just bought one of these on-line from "WD Music" in Florida, and it turns out its pretty poor quality. Rough, crooked edges, etc...

I mean, it looks ok from a distance, but really, it's pretty shabby workmanship.

Does anyone know of a source for original equipment Gibson / Epiphone parts? I must be missing something, because so far all my online searches have found these cheap (exspensive!) replica parts only. I did find a link at one point for a Gibson on-line store, but it turned out to be a dead end.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Udu Mango said:
Hello.
I'm trying to find a full size SG pickgaurd for my recently acquired Epiphone
G400. (I've seen this full size pickgaurd refered to as the 'bat wing' style, also.) You see, I just bought one of these on-line from "WD Music" in Florida, and it turns out its pretty poor quality. Rough, crooked edges, etc...

I mean, it looks ok from a distance, but really, it's pretty shabby workmanship.

Does anyone know of a source for original equipment Gibson / Epiphone parts? I must be missing something, because so far all my online searches have found these cheap (exspensive!) replica parts only. I did find a link at one point for a Gibson on-line store, but it turned out to be a dead end.

Thanks.
It might be slightly more but look at you local music store. I've bought aftermarket Gibson parts from L&M.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SG Pickgaurd

Thank you Jeff. We don't have L+M here (Kelowna BC), so I emailed Yorkville Sound, who I see looks after Gibson in Canada, and they sent me a list of British Columbia Gibson dealers. One of our local shops was on the list, so I went to see them today. They figured they could get one, and it would take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months. Gotta love that service! Anyway, I can wait for it, no problem there, so I placed my order, and now I'm just sitting by the phone....

·
Registered
698 Posts
Or if you have a luthier nearby they can probably cut one for you. Might be a bit more pricey...

The guard on my DIY Strat came from Allparts (I think) and it looks great. Aftermarket would probably be about 1/2 to 2/3 the price of the Gibson stock piece too...and I'm betting it'll arrive quicker.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Look at the Warmoth website maybe they've got one.

Brilliant delivery 2 weeks to 6 months. They don't know what they are doing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts