·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm so tempted - but hoping I never have to mic a cab again. LOL This sort of optimism usually comes back to haunt me.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Sennheiser have been running theses sales all year, featuring a different model each month. These are great mics and I am so tempted to buy a couple, but I don't see any practical use in the future for me (this would never stop the old me from opening my wallet!). I've been to L&M twice this month, and so far I didn't bite.

Last month they featured the E945. I picked up 4, because I was still the old me then. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Better than a Shure SM57?
I have an e609, which is a step down from this one. It does everything a 57 does. Personally I like it better, but it's mostly a matter of taste, though it is definitely more rugged and convenient to use. The e906 is the next level up, so probably comparable to a Beta57. The boost/roll-off switch is a nice feature. The e906 for the price of an e609 is a great deal.

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
Ordered one even though I already have one. hahaha It's a good deal and a good mic. Can be used for horns and even the snare.

·
Registered
11,839 Posts
I was resisting but if it's a better sm57, even for voice, I'm all in!
Not for voice, just to mic the guitar cab.

Myself and the singer in the band had replaced both of our vocal mics, I was using a 58, with Sennheiser E835s.
I got those on a three pack sale at L&M a few years ago for a good deal.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I find even the 609 much better than 57s. More forgiving and less harsh even when placed poorly.

I'll go grab a 906 the cut feature is great.

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 50 Posts