The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know the differences to expect between these two mics. Descriptions are pretty vague on the L &M website. Is anyone currently using these in tandem? I'm looking to improve on the 835 which I'm currently using, and my vocal range is Baritone/low Tenor.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
I've been interested in these microphones for a bit now and from some research I made online, the e935 is supposed to be better with female vocals while the 945 works for men. Not really sure how that translates as I know women who sound like men and men sound like women when they sing. hahaha I'm leaning towards the e935 as positioning is less tricky with a cardoid.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. This helps my decision as to to which way to go. 30 day return policy also is a bonus. I'll start with the 935 and see where it goes.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Surprisingly, L&M do not list microphones in their returns exception list:

Return Exceptions

Exceptions to our return policy include:

• Special orders
  • Computer software
  • Products with accompanying software that has been registered
  • Print music (books and sheet music)
  • Harmonicas
  • Earplugs and in-ear monitors

I would add that buying from an authorized dealer is very important as there are a lot of "clones" floating around that are well camouflaged.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Surprisingly, L&M do not list microphones in their returns exception list:

Return Exceptions

Exceptions to our return policy include:

• Special orders
  • Computer software
  • Products with accompanying software that has been registered
  • Print music (books and sheet music)
  • Harmonicas
  • Earplugs and in-ear monitors

I would add that buying from an authorized dealer is very important as there are a lot of "clones" floating around that are well camouflaged.
Oh good, I can return that Talk-Box I bought on impulse!

I bought a used Audix vocal mic (not from L&McQ) but it was "sterilized" before re-sale. Even if it wasn't, it was nice piece of mind to be told it was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts