The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the first pics of the Les Paul clone I'm having built:

Now I need to decide on a finish. I have a couple of ideas, but I'm open to suggestions....:wink:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Looks nice, whoever did it did a great job.

Finish, my vote goes towards white with gold hardware. Looks great, and even better once it's aged and it gets the natural yellow-ish creamy color. Drool

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
violation said:
Looks nice, whoever did it did a great job.

Finish, my vote goes towards white with gold hardware. Looks great, and even better once it's aged and it gets the natural yellow-ish creamy color. Drool
I'm not at liberty to disclose the builder, but his former employer would sue his ass off if they knew he left with blueprints. (Hi Henry :wave: )

Thanks for your suggestion, but for me it's gotta be a Burst.

These are the two finishes I'm considering (and these both happen to be replicas as well, the first one is a Max; the second I don't know who the builder is) :

But like I said I am open to suggestions....as long as it's a Burst. lol

And there are a bunch of different Burst flavors out there.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Haha, nice!

Those are some damn nice bursts. I've always loved the trans-amber style one, but haven't got around to buying one (always find something else I need, lol).

Just with the middle area a bit brighter yellowy-er, lol. Kinda like this:

* wipes drool from keyboard *

Whatever you decide to get, be sure to post pics of the final product!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
If you already have it, get the book "Beauty of the Burst". You'll probably find the finish you want in there.

Great looking replica.

btw, a good opportunity to get the TP location correct (it's off a bit on the Gibson Les Pauls)

·
Premium Member
13,031 Posts
A 1958 plaintop burst. Violin or faded Tobacco.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts