The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of the revamped Kijiji as a seller?
I don't like it at all.
Why did they mess up something that was simple, and worked?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
It now sucks. I have 7 guitars for sale for months and I get zero replies. Plus, I am asking less than Reverb or eBay competed listing prices. Not double or triple like 99.99999999999999% of sellers on Kijiji or even this place.
There is nowhere left to sell guitars. Kijiji is flooded with stores and idiots asking triple market value posting every hour on the hour.
Even this place used to be good to sell, but now its the same thing. The for sale section is flooded with ridiculously overpriced guitars.
I guess I am stuck with the horrible vintage guitars currently in my collection

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
I have done well on Kijiji in the past. But I wonder about the new way of creating an ad. I think where you live can be a factor in the success of Kijiji.

Reactions: J-75

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I've always had luck on Kijiji.

I set a reasonable prices and provide links to overpriced ads to put things into context.

Now there's a guy in Edmonton that's been trying to sell a Marshall JCM 800 4010 combo on and off for months - I wish he'd bring the price down to <$1000, I'd probably bite.

·
Registered
460 Posts
It now sucks. I have 7 guitars for sale for months and I get zero replies. Plus, I am asking less than Reverb or eBay competed listing prices. Not double or triple like 99.99999999999999% of sellers on Kijiji or even this place.
There is nowhere left to sell guitars. Kijiji is flooded with stores and idiots asking triple market value posting every hour on the hour.
Even this place used to be good to sell, but now its the same thing. The for sale section is flooded with ridiculously overpriced guitars.
I guess I am stuck with the horrible vintage guitars currently in my collection
Huh?? If people are pricing things high, wouldn't that be a good thing for a guy who prices something reasonable, or even low for that matter, who wants to move it quickly? If Kijiji people and those selling here are over pricing, I can't fathom how that can possibly hurt you as a seller.

It's not that Kijiji sucks....maybe people just don't want what you're selling.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Its not a good thing as nobody looks at Kijiji any more, at least in Montreal, as its been ruined by the dealers. I used to sell and buy a couple guitars every week. Now, i don't even get the lowball or crazy trade offers. Nothing. Its dead.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I got the surprise to fing my eBay ads on Kijiji !
How could I advertise with a lower price on Kijiji now ?

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
The auto parts section in Windsor has been taken over by the professionals selling tires. Looks like 90% tire ads, repeated daily and weekly, where your ad gets buried in a hurry. I know you can filter and be more specific, but I have usually found the most interesting things under sellers other ads.

As for music items, selling takes time. Real musicians tend to work with what they have, the collectors already have most everything on the market, and their ads for top dollar or trade in their favor, come up daily, every other day, or weekly.

I don’t Facebook, but expect it to be the same experience, and likely the most active scene, because it is Facebook.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Kijiji doesn’t seem much worse than it’s always been, but I’m used to scrolling by and tuning out the noise. It does seem like one needs more patience to sell than even a couple of years ago. Prices are what they are. Asking price does not equal selling price.

I hate it now. Even browsing is a chore with all those friggin ads pushing the screen around. Going to try FaceBook's Marketplace next time.
I’m trying it. It’s annoying. I get 2 or 3 “Is this available?” messages per day with no further reply.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Why not go back to Craigslist? I always liked it better.

I was never sure what the issue was common why everyone started going over to Kijiji. It's so much simpler.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I like Kijiji's interface better, but it's turned into a bit of a spamfest now.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Kijiji doesn’t seem much worse than it’s always been, but I’m used to scrolling by and tuning out the noise. It does seem like one needs more patience to sell than even a couple of years ago. Prices are what they are. Asking price does not equal selling price.

I’m trying it. It’s annoying. I get 2 or 3 “Is this available?” messages per day with no further reply.
Maybe they're accidentally hitting the button on the touchscreen?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts