1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...you might remember me from previous threads like:

"NGD!!!..................."

And

"NGD............."

Or even....

"NGD............."

I just recently got this really cool Rickenbacker. I really like it. It plays and sounds great.
But you know what??
It doesn't play or sound as good as my beloved '74 Strat I bought in 1983.

I will go months without picking up my Strat.
But when I do, I think....why would I ever want or need to play another guitar??
I played this thing exclusively through the 80's, 90's, 2000's. Its only the last few years I started buying and selling obsessively.
There is no guitar that is a comfortable as my Strat.
I seem to be looking for "the one".
I already have "the one"

Anyways, don't be surprised and please, please, don't hold it against me if you see a bunch of guitars for sale soon.
Don't refer to my old threads saying, you said "This one is a keeper"!! WTF dude????
I get it....I'm wishy washy.
You don't need to remind me.

I am really thinking of going back to a one guitar guy.

Is anyone else a one guitar person?
Probably not, or you wouldn't be a member of a guitar forum.
Also, I am driving an 18 year old car.
I am thinking of selling a bunch of stuff and getting my "dream car"....a Toyota Tacoma.
Thanks for reading this long thread.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I’ve pretty much always had just one solid body electric and an acoustic. Went on a buying spree this last 7 years but really all I would need is a LPJ and a Martin dread. Be difficult to decide which of the 3 Martins to keep because I really like all of them. Out of the electrics the 2018 junior would be an easy decision to keep it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Minimalism isn't ever a bad thing. I have three guitars that are my main stays, one for its playability, one for it's versatility and one for its sentimentality.
I don't need the others I own, and one day believe I will be rid of them all except for those 3.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
I get it.
My Strat(s) have been, and will always be my number 1,2,3, and my American Deluxe Tele can stay, because it has the best neck, ever.
The other 30 or 40 are good, but have taught me what I needed to know.
The same with amps, as I pretty much learned which ones cover the most tonal territory.

Capnjim, tomorrow is another day

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
I literally have one guitar now. I even sold my acoustic.

I have one on the way. I need two for when one is in the shop.

Once I realized a lot of the gear chasing is mental nonsense, I was able to get rid of everything I didn't need.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought my current 23 yr old last August to replace a 30 yr old
What were they? i am curious. There is actually nothing wrong with my car right now. Its a 2000 Lexus ES300 and is in really good shape and everything works. Plus, the Nakamichi stereo is the best I have ever heard in a car.
its just in Quebec, the roads are so beyond bad, I really feel the need for a truck,

Also...its a very bad time to be selling. Kijiji is not what it used to be and selling in the US is tough due to the CITES thing.
I guess that leaves you good folks to buy off my collection of obscure uncollectable guitars!!!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts