The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Wow ! This guy's crazy ! With that hand technic I should do some weird chords !! This guy is a discovery for me ! Thank you !

P.S. By the way, did someone know a canadian blues band name bluescats or something like that ? My dad was listening to that when I was young but we both don't remember the name ! Thank you !

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ti-Ron, are you from Canada or did you just move here? I don't understand how anyone (let alone a guitarist) living in Canada can't have heard of Jeff Healey.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Mouahahaha ! Sorry for that but I'm Québécois ! ;) It's really the first time I herd about him ! I don't know alot about Canadian blues bands. We have a couple of really good bluesman in Québec like Bob Walsh, Pat the White and Steve Hill ! I'm pretty sure that not everybody from the reast of Canada know it ! :p But I'm here to learn so it's a good point that know I know Jeff Healey !! ;)

·
Registered
635 Posts
It didn't occur to me until now that you might be younger as well. He was popular before you even got into music.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
He started out playing laptop slide, so when he switched to "normal" guitar he just kept holding it the way he was used to.

He's an interesting person. He owns a blues club in Toronto and recently had cancer again.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey Gilliangirl
thanks for that link...
Its a hard watch for me on dial up...but was worth the wait....
nice to see guitar greats in action

thanks again
Auger

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
nine: Yep I'm a kid ! ;) I'm here to listen to your widsom! I look a couple of videos of him on youtube.com and I noticed that he cames in Tremblant for the Blues Festival ! I hope I will be good soon and came back to play ! :)
For you guys two videos from my favorite Québécois blues/rock player ;)

Steve Hill; this guy is awsome with is fingerplayin' style !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaj8Ea3kFk0

Pat the White
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K49L_NzDNH4

1 - 14 of 14 Posts