The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been interested in stuff like, conspiricies(stuff like 9/11, not saying it is true), Secret Societies(Illuminati?, Atlantis), Secrets of the Lochness, Possible life on mars?, The real way the universe was created, UFOs (Do YOU believe in aliens?), What is pluto like, what would it be like to go that far, that dark in the universe, what do you think is out there?

I'd like the opinions of people here, concerning life or, once life on mars. What do you think? What do you think the 'Face on Mars' is? What about those strange tracks? The ridge-life canals? All a strange coincidence?

Also, ask any question about any of this type of mysterious stuff.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
"Don't crush that dwarf, Eugene!"

I have it on good authority that the Aztecs invented the vacation...

Meanwhile, I'm glued to my television as Rebus Kenebus is attempting to leap the giant hole in the Grand Canyon that leads to the centre of the Earth...

Any other Firesign Theatre fans on this board?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Big Hairy Men

I've got one..for you Cryptozoologists....I'm originally from the Moosonee/MooseFactory area which is on the coast of James Bay.(for those who dont know) Anyway a buddy of mine and his friend who are/were avid outdoorsmen were up one of the tributaries of the Moose River about 60 miles away from any civilization. One night in their tent they heard the weirdest screams/animal sounds they had never heard ever before. His friend was so petrified he wanted to jump into the boat and high tail it out of there in total darkness. But they waited, wide awake and scared [email protected]#tless till morning and before leaving they searched around the camp and found these enormous foot prints. Upon arriving in Moosonee they notified the Ministry of Natural Resources and they in turn did an investigation. They did find footprints of almost eighteen inches in length and hair. Several pictures and samples were taken to document the findings. The thing is my buddy had to travel with the ministry to show them where he had had the experience......something he was not very keen on doing.
I had asked him about this one time while having a few beers poking fun at him telling him he was probably drunk or stoned or hearing things.....haha. Anyway he became so upset he got up and left. A few months later large footprints were found a couple of hundred kilometres north in an area where Debeers is now opening up a diamond mine in a place called Attawapiskat. My buddy does not know what he heard that night but was positive about the tracks he saw and now does not like to talk about the incident.
By the way, the face on the surface of Mars is a natural geological formation.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rippinglickfest said:
I've got one........I'm originally from the Moosonee/MooseFactory area which is on the coast of James Bay.(for those who dont know) Anyway a buddy of mine and his friend were up one of the tributaries of the Moose River about 60 miles away from any civilization and one night in their tent they heard the weirdest screams/animal sounds they had never heard ever before. His friend was so petrified he wanted to jump into the boat and high tail it out of there in total darkness. But they waited, wide awake and scared [email protected]#tless till morning and before leaving they searched around the camp and found these enormous foot prints. Upon arriving in Moosonee they notified the Ministry of Natural Resources and they in turn did an investigation. They did find footprints of almost eighteen inches in length and hair. Several pictures and samples were taken to document the findings. The thing is my buddy had to travel with the ministry to show them where he had had the experience......something he was not very keen on doing.
I had asked him about this one time while having a few beers poking fun at him telling him he was probably drunk or stoned or hearing things.....haha. Anyway he got so upset he got up and left. A few months later large footprints were found a couple of hundred kilometres north in an area where Debeers is now opening up a diamond mine in a place called Attawapiskat.
By the way, the face on the surface of Mars is a natural geological formation
Wow, that's actually really interesting. Did the scream your buddy hear, sound wolf like? The huge footprints are really strange. They never found out what it was?

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
rippinglickfest said:
I've got one..for you Cryptozoologists....I'm originally from the Moosonee/MooseFactory area which is on the coast of James Bay.(for those who dont know) Anyway a buddy of mine and his friend who are/were avid outdoorsmen were up one of the tributaries of the Moose River about 60 miles away from any civilization. One night in their tent they heard the weirdest screams/animal sounds they had never heard ever before. His friend was so petrified he wanted to jump into the boat and high tail it out of there in total darkness. But they waited, wide awake and scared [email protected]#tless till morning and before leaving they searched around the camp and found these enormous foot prints. Upon arriving in Moosonee they notified the Ministry of Natural Resources and they in turn did an investigation. They did find footprints of almost eighteen inches in length and hair. Several pictures and samples were taken to document the findings. The thing is my buddy had to travel with the ministry to show them where he had had the experience......something he was not very keen on doing.
I had asked him about this one time while having a few beers poking fun at him telling him he was probably drunk or stoned or hearing things.....haha. Anyway he became so upset he got up and left. A few months later large footprints were found a couple of hundred kilometres north in an area where Debeers is now opening up a diamond mine in a place called Attawapiskat. My buddy does not know what he heard that night but was positive about the tracks he saw and now does not like to talk about the incident.
By the way, the face on the surface of Mars is a natural geological formation.

All of a sudden I've got the shivers... That is eerie....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Voices in the night

He tried in vain to describe the screams, but he couldnt, when I talked to him about it...it had been about a couple of years and he was still freaked out by it.
This is a guy who is very familiar with all the different animals in the area and knows the vocalisations each make. I believe he and his friend were moose hunting at the time...and no the MNR could not verify what the prints were. But it was autumn and pretty cool so the prints could not distort or shrink as they would in snow....or melting snow. It got small publicity on CBC north radio.
The area is isolated......Moosonee is accessible by rail or air only so there are no roads at all in this area.
I myself am one of those who has to see to believe............

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about ghosts? Isn't some parts of Ottawa supposedly haunted by them?

I remember my grade 12 math teacher told me a pretty creepy story.

Him and a few friends were staying in a cabin in an old Ottawa Indian Reservation, and he got up to take a piss in the middle of the night.
He told me as he was getting out of the washroom, he noticed from the corner of his eye, what appeared to be a yellow face. He looked in the mirror and saw his own face. He was sort of creeped out and went back to bed.

He told me that the next morning, at breakfast, all his friends were quiet. He later found out that they all saw it in the night.

This story scared me $#*tless too.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Around 1975, my friend Nancy and I were driving late at night from Vedder to Yarrow (B.C.) along the old mountain road (we used to call it the 'S' road because it wound in an 'S' shape around through the trees. There were no streetlights or anything along the old mountain road, just the moon or stars if you were lucky.

Anyway, in front of us about an 1/8 mile we spotted an old OLD truck, you know the kind with the big round wheel wells, like an old Ford or something. Its rear tail lights were lit a soft red/pink colour and the whole truck appeared almost translucent. The population in Yarrow was pretty small, and we knew everyone and their vehicle, but we didn't recognize this one. Nancy was driving and she tried to catch up to it, but the faster she drove, the old truck stayed equidistant to us?! The old mountain road is long and we drove for quite awhile, risking our safety around the corners trying to catch the old truck, but couldn't. Finally we were coming up the hill, over the railroad tracks into Yarrow. Nancy floored it as the truck went down the other side of the hill past the tracks. When we got to the top of the hill, on the tracks, the truck was gone! You should know that there were no sideroads that the truck could turn down.... it was just one long dark road. Still freaks me out today when I think about it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gilliangirl said:
Around 1975, my friend Nancy and I were driving late at night from Vedder to Yarrow (B.C.) along the old mountain road (we used to call it the 'S' road because it wound in an 'S' shape around through the trees. There were no streetlights or anything along the old mountain road, just the moon or stars if you were lucky.

Anyway, in front of us about an 1/8 mile we spotted an old OLD truck, you know the kind with the big round wheel wells, like an old Ford or something. Its rear tail lights were lit a soft red/pink colour and the whole truck appeared almost translucent. The population in Yarrow was pretty small, and we knew everyone and their vehicle, but we didn't recognize this one. Nancy was driving and she tried to catch up to it, but the faster she drove, the old truck stayed equidistant to us?! The old mountain road is long and we drove for quite awhile, risking our safety around the corners trying to catch the old truck, but couldn't. Finally we were coming up the hill, over the railroad tracks into Yarrow. Nancy floored it as the truck went down the other side of the hill past the tracks. When we got to the top of the hill, on the tracks, the truck was gone! You should know that there were no sideroads that the truck could turn down.... it was just one long dark road. Still freaks me out today when I think about it.
Wow, that's pretty scary too.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Gilliangirl said:

Sounds like the ride back from a night of picking magic mushrooms? :tongue:

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Got a very recent one for you..

3 weeks ago our company Bentall, took over some new property including an old building downtown Toronto. My boss and her friend who is in charge of the building went down to take a look at it on a Saturday around noon.
It is an old Hotel that will be demolished soon and has been empty for 25 years or so, the building was built in the 1800's.

So they walked around with Hefty flashlights and took pictures with 3 different cameras, 2 digital one 35mm.

Later they were downloading the pictures and found all this fog around my boss..a couple even had body shapes! There was one where she is standing in a door and looking at the camera with a face over her shoulder. Out of the 50 or so pics they took they found about 30 with this fog in it on all 3 cameras.

I am trying to get into it myself, just love ghost!!

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Bit older..

I was managing a office building in Vancouver back in 2000 or so when a window cleaner had an accident and was killed, didn't tie up his ropes.

After that the ministry made us wait till the investigation was over before we cleaned the windows again. So 10 months later I hire a group to do the windows. One day the cleaner is pulling up his rope after the shift 30 stories = lots of rope X2. Usally one guy pulls and the other guy coils.
So buddy is pulling and he turns to the guy behind him and tells him to coil the rope, guy just stands there, tells him again then start cursing at him then the other guy is gone. Later he comes down to tell me about this a-hole and I told him the door was locked and he was the only one there. I asked him to discribe the guy and it was totaly the guy that was killed right down to the blue coverals and red hat!!
A couple of other people seen him too including myself. I ended up calling his family and they came down with a priest and did a thing on the roof..He was gone after that.

Bev

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bevo said:
Bit older..

I was managing a office building in Vancouver back in 2000 or so when a window cleaner had an accident and was killed, didn't tie up his ropes.

After that the ministry made us wait till the investigation was over before we cleaned the windows again. So 10 months later I hire a group to do the windows. One day the cleaner is pulling up his rope after the shift 30 stories = lots of rope X2. Usally one guy pulls and the other guy coils.
So buddy is pulling and he turns to the guy behind him and tells him to coil the rope, guy just stands there, tells him again then start cursing at him then the other guy is gone. Later he comes down to tell me about this a-hole and I told him the door was locked and he was the only one there. I asked him to discribe the guy and it was totaly the guy that was killed right down to the blue coverals and red hat!!
A couple of other people seen him too including myself. I ended up calling his family and they came down with a priest and did a thing on the roof..He was gone after that.

Bev
:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Bevo said:
Bit older..

Bev
I got the shivers reading that!

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
The answer is,... 42.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I'm still wondering why the spirit of Jim Morrison has to possess me every time I have a few beers.

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Oh me, oh my, there's a light in the sky

In Lincoln, N.B. in May of 1999, on the saturday night/ sunday morning before Mother's Day, I had just finished watching a movie and went outside to let the cat in. I happened to notice an amber colored light low in the sky to the south. Since I lived only a mile from the airport I assumed it was small plane or helicopter. After looking for a few moments it struck me that it wasn't moving. I crouched down to hide the glare from a nearby streetlight behind my deck railing and noticed a faint blue light flashing just slightly above the steadily glowing amber light. I was intrigued.

It was about 1:30 a.m. and overcast with a light breeze out of the south. I strained to hear a sound from this object but the night was silent. The light wasn't perfectly still, it weaved slightly back and forth and up and down but essentially remained in one place. I still thought it was a helicopter but wondered why I couldn't hear it. After watching for about 5 min. it suddenly moved upwards to the right in a straight line in about 2 seconds and stopped. Again, it just sat there sightly unsteadily, higher in the sky to the southwest. Now I was really intrigued!

After few more minutes it moved again, this time more slowly, and was now stopped to the west of my postion, but much closer than when I had first seen it. It was still just an amber wobbling light, I couldn't tell if or what it may be attached to and the blue light was no longer visible. It was dimmer than a streetlight but brighter than a star.

Again it drifted, this time towards me, and stopped absolutely silent, directly over my head. Now, I'm starting to become a little self conscious to say the least, but I continued to try and rationalize its existence. After 5 min. over my head it moved back to position No.3 for a couple of minutes and then, very rapidly changed directions 2 or 3 times and then finally, slowly, drifted to the north, slightly wobbling on its course until it disappeared behind the trees. I never saw it again. 25 minutes had passed between first spotting it and watching it disappear. If I had only seen it for a few seconds, I might have thought it was my imagination or retinal fatigue, but I had time to study this thing.

The next day I called Stanton S. Freidman, the UFO investigator who happens to live in Fredericton. He listened to my story and he checked with the R.C.M.P and other authorities asking about other witnesses or air traffic that night. He says there were no aircraft in the area that night and no other witnesses to his knowledge. He has no explanation. I know of two other people who saw it. They were returning from a party somewhat inebriated walking down the street and I saw them stop and point up occasionally as they went down the street.

Having lived near an airport for many years I am familiar with the sights and sounds of aircraft in all kinds of weather and lighting conditions. This was no known aircraft. Since it was an overcast night, it was no celestial object. My impression was that it wasn't very high up that it wasn't very big. Maybe as small as a basketball or car-sized at most. All I saw was an erratically behaving light source. I also don't believe it was extraterrestrial although I can't rule that out. I continue to wonder and watch the night sky.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Lester B. Flat said:
In Lincoln, N.B. in May of 1999, on the saturday night/ sunday morning before Mother's Day, I had just finished watching a movie and went outside to let the cat in. I happened to notice an amber colored light low in the sky to the south. Since I lived only a mile from the airport I assumed it was small plane or helicopter. After looking for a few moments it struck me that it wasn't moving. I crouched down to hide the glare from a nearby streetlight behind my deck railing and noticed a faint blue light flashing just slightly above the steadily glowing amber light. I was intrigued.

It was about 1:30 a.m. and overcast with a light breeze out of the south. I strained to hear a sound from this object but the night was silent. The light wasn't perfectly still, it weaved slightly back and forth and up and down but essentially remained in one place. I still thought it was a helicopter but wondered why I couldn't hear it. After watching for about 5 min. it suddenly moved upwards to the right in a straight line in about 2 seconds and stopped. Again, it just sat there sightly unsteadily, higher in the sky to the southwest. Now I was really intrigued!

After few more minutes it moved again, this time more slowly, and was now stopped to the west of my postion, but much closer than when I had first seen it. It was still just an amber wobbling light, I couldn't tell if or what it may be attached to and the blue light was no longer visible. It was dimmer than a streetlight but brighter than a star.

Again it drifted, this time towards me, and stopped absolutely silent, directly over my head. Now, I'm starting to become a little self conscious to say the least, but I continued to try and rationalize its existence. After 5 min. over my head it moved back to position No.3 for a couple of minutes and then, very rapidly changed directions 2 or 3 times and then finally, slowly, drifted to the north, slightly wobbling on its course until it disappeared behind the trees. I never saw it again. 25 minutes had passed between first spotting it and watching it disappear. If I had only seen it for a few seconds, I might have thought it was my imagination or retinal fatigue, but I had time to study this thing.

The next day I called Stanton S. Freidman, the UFO investigator who happens to live in Fredericton. He listened to my story and he checked with the R.C.M.P and other authorities asking about other witnesses or air traffic that night. He says there were no aircraft in the area that night and no other witnesses to his knowledge. He has no explanation. I know of two other people who saw it. They were returning from a party somewhat inebriated walking down the street and I saw them stop and point up occasionally as they went down the street.

Having lived near an airport for many years I am familiar with the sights and sounds of aircraft in all kinds of weather and lighting conditions. This was no known aircraft. Since it was an overcast night, it was no celestial object. My impression was that it wasn't very high up that it wasn't very big. Maybe as small as a basketball or car-sized at most. All I saw was an erratically behaving light source. I also don't believe it was extraterrestrial although I can't rule that out. I continue to wonder and watch the night sky.
It's the government experimenting with weird stuff I tell ya...conspiracy!!!!:tongue:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts