The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

Only 23 Clarke guitars were made in Edmonton in the '60's.

I am the proud owner of #15:

We're trying to find them, so if anyone has one, or know someone that does, we'd appreciate a picture, serial # (located at the base of the fretboard), and the owner's name and city.
Thanks!

Clarke Guitars Website

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
dwagar said:
HI,

Only 23 Clarke guitars were made in Edmonton in the '60's.

I am the proud owner of #15:

We're trying to find them, so if anyone has one, or know someone that does, we'd appreciate a picture, serial # (located at the base of the fretboard), and the owner's name and city.
Thanks!

Clarke Guitars Website
Sharp looking guitar, I would like to have number 16. Let's see if anyone can help

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
That is a very interesting design, especially for its time period............

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you could tell everyone it's a signature guitar, lol.

keep your eyes open, you never know where one might turn up belonging to someone who has no idea how rare it is.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
7 Posts
clark guitars

Hi:
If anybody would like to see Bob Clark playing one of his guitars, look up "Barry Allen and the Rebels" on youtube.

Jim

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for that Jim.

I'll add the link to the Clarke website.

Still searching for the guitars, if anyone has seen one.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do regret it a bit, but:

- I sold it back to the Clarke family (mine was the last Clarke ever sold, and it was one owner)
- I used the $ to finance my Les Paul R9, best guitar I've ever owned.

I may have left a bit of money on the table, but it did feel good to me to send the guitar back 'home' where it belonged.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i believe i seen one at lilo's on whyte ave in edmonton today. not 100% sure tho.

*edit* well, looking at the link, the one at lillo's is accounted for:p

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes, and when I took the pic of that one, the guy at Lillos said it didn't belong to them, and wasn't for sale.

Thanks for noticing it though.
I'd sure like to find some of the others.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Clarke too

I spent some time a few years ago trying to source info on my Clarke, but the internet was a dead end then. I see that we now have a small quorum.

I bought my Clarke from a pawn shop on Hastings Street in Vancouver around 1987. It had a black and white striped "jailbird" paint job that I subsequently stripped off it.

There is an alignment issue that I have been mustering the courage to address for a while. The neck and tailpiece do not line up well, and I will fill and redrill the holes when I get around to it. I believe this is a flaw that the guitar was built with.

But I have always been fond of the guitar, and I was very excited to finally see photos of another one. It is the first time I've seen or heard of another example, and I had no idea just how rare they are.

I love the deco peghead. That and the slick neck drew me to the guitar, which, if I remember correctly, I paid about $75 for.

I'd be happy to post some shots if this thread is still alive. I may finally be inspired now to do the setup and refinish the body.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Great-looking design. Love those slanted pickups, too. Too bad there were so few made. Yeah, that Deco headstock rocks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All:

Trying to continue with the search... Don started this years ago, and now that I have some time (and help!) I hope to get closer to finding all of the missing Clarke's. If anyone has ANY info, please post it or PM me.

(There should be a new website up shortly to help with the "Googling"!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts