The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
faracaster said:
Hey Hoser.....

I'm totally with you as far as being critical of Government. Federal, Provincial and Municipal. I am suspicious of anyone that wants to be a politcian. You have to ask questions, ask for reasons, ask for motivation, question "authority" and decide for yourself. We are generally sold a bill of goods that has been so spun and manipulated by the time we hear about it, it resembles nothing of the truth. Now I know I'm treading on thin ice here. And I'm not saying that a politicians are crooks, but you have to wonder what motivates someone to become one in the first place. Power? Fame? I don't know as the last thing I would want to be is a politcian.

As far as your feeling of separation is concerned. That is totally your thing. I will not make comment on that. But I can understand that being as isolated as you are there can make you feel, well, different and independent from the rest of Canada. However I have played, toured, worked and vacationed in Nfld. many times, and it is THE place in this whole country that I absolutely LOVE. Canada would be at a huge loss if Nfld. ever did decide to separate.

cheers:food-smiley-004:
Pete

Now if you guys would just stop hunting those seals......:D
Confederation is a highly political thing here. From the provincial government to the feds, our interests haven't been taken care of. Unfortunately confederation has led to the reliance on the goverment we see now, or the "Culture of defeat", as Stephen Harper put it. Add the horrible management of our resources at the hands of the feds and you start to wonder if things could be better.....at least (imo) now we have someone at the provincial level who's willing to fight for what's rightfully ours.....anyway, that's really getting off topic.

Looks like Loyola Hearn is going to look at the regulations for "observing" the sealers....proper thing, imo. There are some labour standards and workers' rights issues at play. It's going to be interesting to see how the case that HSUS is bringing to court (if they actually get to court) pans out.

· Premium Member
15,768 Posts
ofender said:
Anybody’s following the harp seal hunt? Unjustified, outdated and truly horrific practice? Or put white sheets on the floor of any slaughterhouse and you’ll see lots of blood too?

Am I wrong to think that Paul & Heather, Mick (Jagger), Brigitte Bardot and company are taking this a little too far?

Won't see Paul and Heather out there again. he will be busy with his lawyers

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/05/18/mccartney.divorce.reut/index.html?section=cnn_topstories

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
GuitarsCanada said:
Won't see Paul and Heather out there again. he will be busy with his lawyers

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/05/18/mccartney.divorce.reut/index.html?section=cnn_topstories
I heard about it but i haven't had a chance to read and find out what's really happening. But some people were talking today and I heard something about them not having a pre-nup!! So she is entitled to half of what he's worth. I heard something about her wanting 400 or 900 millions or something to that effect and that she'll be on her way.

Regardless, maybe Paul won't be on the ice with the seals anymore but with that kind of dough and Paul not being there to *slow* her down, we'll hear from her and the seals...

· Registered
5,659 Posts
ofender said:
I heard about it but i haven't had a chance to read and find out what's really happening. But some people were talking today and I heard something about them not having a pre-nup!! So she is entitled to half of what he's worth. I heard something about her wanting 400 or 900 millions or something to that effect and that she'll be on her way.
Regardless, maybe Paul won't be on the ice with the seals anymore but with that kind of dough and Paul not being there to *slow* her down, we'll hear from her and the seals...

...what was it ron stewart said? something along the lines of "next time, instead of getting married, i'll just find a woman i don't like and give her a house and a car."

i think ol' macca got conned, big time.

-dh

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.