The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same post on Acoustic Guitar forum as I fish for info!

My plans were to downsize a few guitars I don't play much, and consider a Canadian model, as this is home! I played a used Seagull Entourage Rustic this morning - my first strums on a cedar top guitar. What a difference there is to spruce! Not better or worse... Just different, in a wonderful way.

Guitar is between two and four years old. Measured the neck - looks straight, ruler sliding right on top of the bridge... Slightly less than two quarters worth of space between the strings and fretboard, at the 12th fret. Needs new strings... Has a small ding-chunk in the body, lower left side... Bracing seems okay. Saw a truss-nut - thought these were bolted on necks - seems to be a little teeny gap where the neck meets to the body, but that may be a humidity issue, or simply my eyes not seeing straight? I have small hands, but the "wider neck" was comfortable. Love the headstock - seems narrower up top than the nut size, at least to me....

Anyway... $225.00 is the price, down from $250.00. I'm suppose to finalize the deal this afternoon. Any objections?! Anything I should consider - weak spots on these, tuning issues... et al... Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,237 Posts
If this is sale, it needs to be in the For Sale, Trade or Wanted forum.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
If you are buying, I'd say go for it. That's a real bargain for a guitar made in North America and with a solid top.
As for the bolt on, I think they all are but there might be a sticker over the bolt when you look through the soundhole. I stand to be corrected on this though because there are some Seagull experts on this forum.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I think I'll be kicking myself if I pass this up.

Not a sale, Robert. I'm a buyer!

I was going to try a Cort Earth 500, as well. Price is $75 higher. I like the lower price. And the cedar top.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's asking for advice and letting us know about the deal he's making.
Yep. Seller was confused when I pulled out two quarters, four different picks, and a ruler! Comes w/a gig bag. And a Kyser capo, of which I have too many!

Reactions: Robert1950

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here she is. I think I'm going for it.

Reactions: Lord-Humongous
1 - 7 of 7 Posts