The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,080 Posts
I doubt it.

Possibly some of Godin's rare, expensive, limited quantity models...if they produce something of that nature. Even then, I would expect it to hold its value but I would not think that they would increase to any real extent.

G

·
You can find used ones at reasonable prices.
Great bang for the buck if you're looking for a above average campfire guitar.
Including the rest of the Godin acoustic line (S&P, Norman, Art & Luthier).

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
I agree that their value won't increase - we live in an era where there are lots of high quality guitars available at reasonable prices. The old guitars that people cherish so much were the exception, not the rule. Plus simple demographics will probably result in a glut of old guitars in the near future.

The first Seagulls are probably 40 years old now - I don't see a lot of hype for them.

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
If inflation stays in line, no. If inflation goes crazy, yes. That will be the only way these guitars will increase monetarily. They are good guitars, just not collector's items.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I have a 6 string and a 12 string Seagull acoustic and their both great guitars but as others have said, they will not increase in value. The market will forever be flooded by great guitars.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I have a 6 string and a 12 string Seagull acoustic and their both great guitars but as others have said, they will not increase in value. The market will forever be flooded by great guitars.
Just curious which 2 you have. I have a Seagull S6 +C and a Seagull Maritime w/ Spruce top 12 string gloss. Love these guitars. Great sounding at a reasonable (for me) price. I'm not one to worry about increase in monetary value though. The value is in the sound of an older, well played guitar anyways.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Just curious which 2 you have. I have a Seagull S6 +C and a Seagull Maritime w/ Spruce top 12 string gloss. Love these guitars. Great sounding at a reasonable (for me) price. I'm not one to worry about increase in monetary value though. The value is in the sound of an older, well played guitar anyways.
I have a Performer Mini Jumbo CW GT QII (model 29334) 6 string and a Coastline S12 Cedar

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.