The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that Seagull guitars will appreciate with time? I mean like 10 to 20 years.

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
They well built, good sounding, reliable, production-line guitars made in Canada. Mostly given the underlined. I don't think so.

·
Premium Member
17,620 Posts
I doubt it.

Possibly some of Godin's rare, expensive, limited quantity models...if they produce something of that nature. Even then, I would expect it to hold its value but I would not think that they would increase to any real extent.

L

·
0 Posts
You can find used ones at reasonable prices.
Great bang for the buck if you're looking for a above average campfire guitar.
Including the rest of the Godin acoustic line (S&P, Norman, Art & Luthier).

·
Administrator
421 Posts
I have a late 70s Norman acoustic. It looks great, and plays beautifully. It's worth about the same as it was 40 years ago. The Seagull will be the same...

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
I agree that their value won't increase - we live in an era where there are lots of high quality guitars available at reasonable prices. The old guitars that people cherish so much were the exception, not the rule. Plus simple demographics will probably result in a glut of old guitars in the near future.

The first Seagulls are probably 40 years old now - I don't see a lot of hype for them.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sometimes value isn't about money.

Sometimes it's a memory we want to hang onto.

Reactions: StratCat

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
If inflation stays in line, no. If inflation goes crazy, yes. That will be the only way these guitars will increase monetarily. They are good guitars, just not collector's items.

·
Premium Member
17,191 Posts
They wont change in value much if at all. Theres no shortage of them.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
I have a 6 string and a 12 string Seagull acoustic and their both great guitars but as others have said, they will not increase in value. The market will forever be flooded by great guitars.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
I have a 6 string and a 12 string Seagull acoustic and their both great guitars but as others have said, they will not increase in value. The market will forever be flooded by great guitars.
Just curious which 2 you have. I have a Seagull S6 +C and a Seagull Maritime w/ Spruce top 12 string gloss. Love these guitars. Great sounding at a reasonable (for me) price. I'm not one to worry about increase in monetary value though. The value is in the sound of an older, well played guitar anyways.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Just curious which 2 you have. I have a Seagull S6 +C and a Seagull Maritime w/ Spruce top 12 string gloss. Love these guitars. Great sounding at a reasonable (for me) price. I'm not one to worry about increase in monetary value though. The value is in the sound of an older, well played guitar anyways.
I have a Performer Mini Jumbo CW GT QII (model 29334) 6 string and a Coastline S12 Cedar

1 - 14 of 14 Posts