·
0 Posts
I like!
Man, it's tough following your fingers.
Good vid production too.

P

·
0 Posts
Set video speed to .5 and see what's going on.

Really clean and precise playing. Great job!

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
I am already dancing!

Amazing!

You could take that main riff and just slow it down to suit your skill level!

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
I can hardly wait to get home and start practicing this. I will never be able to play this up to speed but I don't care!

Never in a million years did I ever think I could even dream of playing SRV. Holy crap!!!

How long did it take you to perfect this?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Where is the double like button ??

One of my favourite artists. Thanks for posting this... Great job ! I like many others are going to be trying to follow that !

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Where is the double like button ??

One of my favourite artists. Thanks for posting this... Great job ! I like many others are going to be trying to follow that !
Ya I am trying right now! I have my metronome set at 40 BPM for starters! I will never play that fast but maybe you can Scotty! I don't think I will ever have the chops to be able to play that fast!

Just trying to get La Grange up to speed is more than challenging right now!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Ya I am trying right now! I have my metronome set at 40 BPM for starters! I will never play that fast but maybe you can Scotty! I don't think I will ever have the chops to be able to play that fast!

Just trying to get La Grange up to speed is more than challenging right now!
You sound pretty determined and dedicated. I bet you can get there.

I haven't tried it yet, will try this weekend. I like to play fast and actually my problem seems to be slowing down, the less is more thing... but this song is definitely NOT less is more...Where I see the challenge in this for me is jumping back and forth from fast picking to unfamiliar chords.

Speaking of, can someone please tell me what those chords are?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts

I haven't tried it yet, will try this weekend. I like to play fast and actually my problem seems to be slowing down, the less is more thing... but this song is definitely NOT less is more...Where I see the challenge in this for me is jumping back and forth from fast picking to unfamiliar chords.

E7, A7, B7.

·
Registered
9,289 Posts

Hey Scotty here's a great lesson. It's what I am using now. I slowed it down to 75% using the YouTube settings.

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Sweetness...thanks for posting that

Wait...you tube has speed settings????
Yes Sweetness they do! ;)

Right in the bottom right hand corner of the video.

This guy is really good at explaining things and even gets into the theory of it. Just trying to get that first riff fluid is killing me. I just have to get it though.

I hope your having as much fun as I am! I never thought in a million years that I would be playing SRV one day! I really am impressing myself. When I get down on myself I just have to realize how far I have come over the course of 6 years!

Enjoy sweetness! :);)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts