1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
24,159 Posts
We saw plenty of those guys back in May, except they were generally on the hillside, grazing peacefully. And any roads we travelled on that resembled the one in the video (and there were many) were blissfully uninhabited by sheep.

One would think, by his accent, that the driver would have some sense of the behaviour of sheep and what would normally lead to a sheep feeling like it could easily get out of the way or should continue running for its life. Apparently, he lacks that insight.

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
LOL, he needs to chill out. I for one would love to see sheep all over our roads here in Quebec. It would keep all the crazy drivers at home.

·
Registered
8,594 Posts
We saw plenty of those guys back in May, except they were generally on the hillside, grazing peacefully. And any roads we travelled on that resembled the one in the video (and there were many) were blissfully uninhabited by sheep.

The few days you spent there hardly makes you knowledgeable. I have been on more than one train there (both in Scotland and England) that was stopped due to sheep on the tracks and I have been in cars that were forced to detour because of sheep on the roads. I have also had a goat trying to ram through the front door of my house (which was in a subdivision so was hardly rural).

One would think, by his accent, that the driver would have some sense of the behaviour of sheep

Pardon? Do you think that all Scots are familiar with sheep behavior or something?

Apparently, he lacks that insight.

And despite your short vacation there, you apparently lack any insight on life in Scotland.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
lmao at the one stuck on the roof and his friends laughin at him. I can actually understand what they are saying too ... lol

Clip of some Irish rally drivers:

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
That rally driver sounds more like a welsh accent to me, but he's stressed and probably speaking at a higher pitch than usual.... which reminds me, love this video

"It was the freshest move I have ever seen; like he was floating on air. ... I've never seen anything like it in me life."

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Some of those rally clips remind me of trying to get to the Markham beer store before closing time back when Stouffville was a dry town.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts