The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,310 Posts
I was wondering if you knew if there was one established that we could donate to if we wanted to.
I certainly hope so!
If there isn't, we can somehow make it happen.
Anyone with any experience/knowledge regarding this sort of thing?

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
The go fund thing is a great idea. We just need someone to start it. Or, if there is a PayPal account we can send money to, that will work too.

·
Premium Member
17,678 Posts
Sorry guys. I wasn’t asking if you’d start a gofundme, I was wondering if you knew if there was one established that we could donate to if we wanted to.
Nothing to be sorry about. We're all thinking the same way, positive thoughts and hopes for our fellow guitar buddy and his Missus.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Thanks @Milkman

Many have been wondering.

[I can definitely cough up a few pesos for the family if someone can direct the way. This site has been a big deal for me these past few years.]

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
I’m sure many of us would pitch in. I don’t know much about setting up a fund but I would imagine that the person doing so would probably have to be reasonably informed about the beneficiary’s personal info, where to send the money etc.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I’m sure many of us would pitch in. I don’t know much about setting up a fund but I would imagine that the person doing so would probably have to be reasonably informed about the beneficiary’s personal info, where to send the money etc.
I can't imagine it is hard and would be happy to look into it, but - to your point - I expect it would be best if the intended recipient's family set it up. I expect it is meant to be pretty easy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
18,310 Posts
@Milkman
I can't imagine it is hard and would be happy to look into it, but - to your point - I expect it would be best if the intended recipient's family set it up. I expect it is meant to be pretty easy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Thanks @bgreenhouse ! Excellent information.
@Milkman Would you consider approaching Marnie (and by extension, Scott) about this concept?

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Never met the guy but I hope he gets his transplant. That’s a long hard road he’s been on. No exit for a while either....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Thanks for all your efforts Mike.

All that is needed to do an e-transfer is an email address. Yes, a gofundme can be set up but it's not completely necessary.

·
Premium Member
17,678 Posts
Guys, I haven't spoken to or contacted Scott and Marnie for a couple of years. I feel like I've already pushed myself into their lives by asking about Scott. Marnie kindly responded and I really appreciate her sharing the information.

While I'll be happy to embrace and contribute to any effort to help these nice people with whom we have had a connection, I don't feel comfortable broaching the idea of a "go fund me" set up.

·
Premium Member
18,310 Posts
Guys, I haven't spoken to or contacted Scott and Marnie for a couple of years. I feel like I've already pushed myself into their lives by asking about Scott. Marnie kindly responded and I really appreciate her sharing the information.

While I'll be happy to embrace and contribute to any effort to help these nice people with whom we have had a connection, I don't feel comfortable broaching the idea of a "go fund me" set up.
I totally understand and respect what you are saying and I sincerely apologize if I seemed to be asking something unreasonable from you.
Once again, I admire and thank you for what you have done to date.

I hate to give up on this idea but I'm not sure of the best way to proceed from here. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
17,678 Posts
I totally understand and respect what you are saying and I sincerely apologize if I seemed to be asking something unreasonable from you.
Once again, I admire and thank you for what you have done to date.

I hate to give up on this idea but I'm not sure of the best way to proceed from here. Any suggestions?

No that's fine Dave. I took no offense and nothing about your question was unreasonable to me. I just don't like the feeling of being swept up in something like this and suddenly finding myself responsible for other people's money et cetera.

That has another name. I like to call it work.

And, as I have said, I'm happy to participate.

·
Premium Member
18,310 Posts
Wouldn't be possible just to ask Marnie to provide us either:
1. IEMT email address where we could donate
2 PayPal email address where we could donate
Yes...However, (IMO) someone has to discuss this with Marnie and decide if the concept is something she and Scott agree with and decide how they want to proceed . I wouldn't want my email address listed in a public forum...but maybe I'm just old-fashioned and/or too cautious.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Yes...However, (IMO) someone has to discuss this with Marnie and decide if the concept is something she and Scott agree with and decide how they want to proceed . I wouldn't want my email address listed in a public forum...but maybe I'm just old-fashioned and/or too cautious.
yeah agree 100%, I was NOT thinking about that :(

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Man that sucks but am thrilled to know that he has made it this far. Knowing that his liver was not functioning properly was my worst fear. Basically what happened to him was a build up of crap that was no longer being filtered by his liver and it builds up in the brain, kind of like have a bunch of mini strokes ( TIA'S ).
Let us hope that he is placed on the transplant list sooner then later as it will help his brain function pretty fast. And Milkman thank you from the bottom of my heart Scott was always very kind with me and the few interactions we had were always very calming for me when I was feeling at the end of my rope.
Marnie if you read this our best wishes to you and the family I know it has to have been extremely difficult at this time with all the other stuff going on back east, thoughts and prayers go out for you all. louis

101 - 120 of 131 Posts