The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
I have him on FB and I greeted him on his birthday last Dec, like others but no response at all.

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
I never really knew him as well as you folks do but the amount of support and concern means he was a well loved guy. Nice to see.

·
Premium Member
17,678 Posts
I was able to communicate directly with Marnie.

With her permission I will post her response here. It's a serious situation but I think there's some hope for better days.

"Hi Mike. Scott is doing ok. He has been home for about a month now. He can walk and speak much better now than before and he seems to be pretty happy. He isn’t on the transplant list yet for a new liver, but hopefully later this month we will be getting that process started. Unfortunately, we will probably have to put him in a nursing home until his transplant at least because he cannot be left alone and it is getting very difficult to find care for him while I’m at work. He only qualifies for nursing care 8 hours a week and I cannot afford to pay anyone, especially because so far I have not been approved for ODSP for him. They actually declined him so far. I have done everything in my power to keep him home with me, but it’s just getting too hard. HIs kids have helped tremendously, but they have lives and jobs too and it’s very hard to work around everyone’s schedules. Overall though he is doing quite well. He does have a brain injury, but we are not sure yet if his brain function will improve or not if he gets a transplant. I had no idea how connected the liver was to the brain until all this happened. He has no idea how to use any technology, but I have been working on teaching him to FaceTime so he can see people when he speaks to them which will be good once he is in a long term care home."

My reply:

Oh Marnie!

First, thank you so much for taking time to respond.

I can’t tell you how sorry I am to see nice people like you endure such hardships.

Please know that lots of people are wishing Scott and you well.

If and when Scott is able to stop in at Guitars Canada he would receive a very positive welcome.

May I share your response with the guitar nerds please?

·
Premium Member
17,678 Posts
@Milkman Thanks again for all that you have done to obtain and relay this updated information.
Such sad news! All we can do is hope and pray.

You're welcome Dave. It's no trouble at all really.

A little more from Marnie.

"Sorry it took a few days to get back to you. Sometimes it gets a little hectic around here. He is not happy that he has been unable to get on the forums, but for now, it is what it is. You can certainly share my response. I’m sure all the “nerds” will be happy to know he is doing well."

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
@Milkman Thanks very much for taking the initiative to find out what is happening with Scott. Very sad to hear. At least he is making a bit of progress.
And if Marnie comes over here, thanks for letting us know. And hope things go better not just for him but for you as well.

·
Premium Member
17,678 Posts
Yeah, make sure Marnie tells him there are a bunch of us on here that think of him well/fondly and wish him nothing but the best.
Already done Kent.

Here's how we ended the chat:

Thanks Marnie. Give him a big wet willie from Milkman.

Her response:

"LOL will do!"

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Thanks, Mike. Not the best of news but at least we know something and that Scott is still with us and pulling hard.

I've only met Scott once but I've met Marnie a few times as her shop was our weigh point for a number of transactions. She struck me as quite the lady and I think Scott's lucky to have her on his side.

I'll keep good thoughts for both.

·
Premium Member
17,678 Posts
Thanks, Mike. Not the best of news but at least we know something and that Scott is still with us and pulling hard.

I've only met Scott once but I've met Marnie a few times as her shop was our weigh point for a number of transactions. She struck me as quite the lady and I think Scott's lucky to have her on his side.

I'll keep good thoughts for both.
I've met both Marnie and Scott several times. They're good people.

Yes, Marnie has a sparkle in her eye for sure. I can't help but think this has probably been every bit as hard for her as it has for Scott and in some ways worse.

·
Premium Member
17,678 Posts
@Milkman is there any sort of crowd funding site that we could donate to? I hope so
I couldn't say. I try to avoid starting things like that. I'm always happy to contribute but I don't like asking people for money.

Shit if I thought it would help him I can't think of many people I would rather see playing one of my guitars than Scott.

I just don't know that he can play right now or that he even thinks about guitars.

I regret that like many of us here, I really don't know other members here very well. I've met some of you and some of you several times, but obviously I had not kept in close contact with Scott. Most of what I know of his condition I learned within the past 24 hrs.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
I'm always happy to contribute but I don't like asking people for money.
I'm the same.
Does anyone here want to kick it into action?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Sorry guys. I wasn’t asking if you’d start a gofundme, I was wondering if you knew if there was one established that we could donate to if we wanted to.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts