The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
I offered to help them clean it up a month or so ago but never heard back. Sure hope things are improving for them both.
Marnie had just appointed a few people to help clean the place up, then it went down shortly after that.
It's been MIA for a few days now, not sure if @Dorian2 has any idea what's going on there.

·
Premium Member
16,949 Posts
Marnie had just appointed a few people to help clean the place up, then it went down shortly after that.
It's been MIA for a few days now, not sure if @Dorian2 has any idea what's going on there.
It was @Dorian2 that asked me if I could help. I was never a member until I found out Scott was seriously ill so I wasn't set up as a mod. God I hope he's OK.

Reactions: sulphur

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I was going to ask you if you were having issues too. I have no clue what happened, but I found some stuff on a Xenforo issue re: upgrades that kinda matched the situation. I'm thinking there might be a possibility someone tried to update the site but I'm not sure. I have no way of contacting via the site as my privilege's are limited to turfing knobs out of there. Looking like admin priviledges are needed for the fix.

It was @Dorian2 that asked me if I could help. I was never a member until I found out Scott was seriously ill so I wasn't set up as a mod. God I hope he's OK.
We're still not sure of Scott's actual condition. Hope we find out something.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
Please give Scott a hello from Steadfastly. I've been to your business when I used to live in St. Catharines. I hope you and Scott are doing better. I am not on this site that often any longer but Scott was always helpful. Take care.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Over the years there have been internet/Xbox friends that disappeared from having an online presence. One I successfully cyber stalked to ask if he was alright and he said if he wanted to be found he would have left a forwarding address...basically asked me to fuck off and not tell anyone about him. Hope that’s the case here, though looks like there’s a serious side to it.

if anyone’s so inclined, I believe he and his wife own a tanning salon which has an easily google-able phone #. But if he’s alive and avoiding us it’s probably for a reason...be prepared for either bad news or a bad reception.

·
Registered
12,929 Posts
that is a good point. maybe the guy isn't looking to come back.

this might be like an old job for him. or worse yet, something he built and now isn't his anymore. could just be weird now.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
that is a good point. maybe the guy isn't looking to come back.

this might be like an old job for him. or worse yet, something he built and now isn't his anymore. could just be weird now.
could be? Yeah could be just weird. Not sure but could be. There’s an ad for pubic trimmers above this post. Could be something weird about this place. Hmm.

·
Premium Member
9,541 Posts
Over the years there have been internet/Xbox friends that disappeared from having an online presence. One I successfully cyber stalked to ask if he was alright and he said if he wanted to be found he would have left a forwarding address...basically asked me to fuck off and not tell anyone about him. Hope that’s the case here, though looks like there’s a serious side to it.

if anyone’s so inclined, I believe he and his wife own a tanning salon which has an easily google-able phone #. But if he’s alive and avoiding us it’s probably for a reason...be prepared for either bad news or a bad reception.
Scott spoke about the viability or lack thereof for the salon early pandemic, if I'm not mistaken. And some of the potential consequences of bailing out, shut it and walk away etc., so that may have been their approach, but it would be nice to at least hear that he's alive, after word of serious health problems before they went off the radar. I tried googling him a month ago or so, didn't find anything current at all.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I've tried looking for him as well. The Canadian Weed Forum Face book hasn't been touched for some time and the weed site has been down for over half a year. Scott doesn't seem like the type of person to just bail out on people. Situation doesn't feel right or good to me. Hopefully I'm mistaken.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Scott spoke about the viability or lack thereof for the salon early pandemic, if I'm not mistaken. And some of the potential consequences of bailing out, shut it and walk away etc., so that may have been their approach, but it would be nice to at least hear that he's alive, after word of serious health problems before they went off the radar. I tried googling him a month ago or so, didn't find anything current at all.
iTan Lounge :

“Welcome to iTan Lounge!

In September 2008 Bronze Envy European Tanning Salon was opened to Scott and Marnie. The Salon was like another child to them for 12 years until unfortunate circumstances came upon them, and they had to sell. In the summer of 2020 one of their loyal customer and friends, Anna took over and it has been thriving ever since.
Now called iTan Lounge, offers a variety of services such as blah blah blah blah”

looks like you’re right about that. I don’t really wanna track the guy down as per the bad reception thing; he didn’t like me anyways. But there’s a contact that would have your answers

·
Premium Member
17,678 Posts
I received a response from the new owner of the tanning salon formerly owned by Scott and Marnie.

She didn't want to comment (misinform was her word) me but she did kindly provide a secondary means of contacting them which I will do in the next few hours.

I will try and humanely and diplomatically as I can to learn more and share it here.

61 - 80 of 131 Posts