The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just remember that we live up to our name. Bunch of crazy wild slight half cut musicians rocking out on acoustics.:tongue:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Great bandname!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sounds great!

I like what you guys are doing...nice sounding guitars and great vocals. I think you ARE off to the races. Cool name.

Can I stay?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our first gig went quite well. It's a pretty small place, we maybe had 20-30 people watching us and quite a few coming and going.

I posted some pictures and a video check it out.

Ryan(singer) had a pretty bad cold/soar throat but he pushed through it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Dedication ... thumbs up to Ryan. Glad you had a good gig.... Here's to many more... :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Mucho enjoyablo!

Of all the clips, the one that stood out head and shoulders to me for sounding professional was the Tommy Tutone cover!

But it's all personal taste... :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
SCREEM said:
great accoustic arangements, and vocals on these tunes, sounds very good:rockon:
Thanks for the support..Things have certanly changed (for the better ) since then. We'll have some new tunes recorded shortly..Jeff will add his backing vocals as he has been working very hard on them. I can't wait to record my Taylor as the the tone is night and day over my Larrivee...:rockon:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gig Alert:

Calgary Interfaith Food Bank Fund Raiser
May 11th, 8:00pm Varsity Community Hall

$15/ticket + 1 perishable food item

We are only doing a small opening set. Dave's electric band (Groove Kitchn) will be doing the majority of the work.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Jeff forgot to mention that it will be licenced to serve your favorite beverage...Tickets are almost sold out but I have a few left. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers,
David

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well a bit of an update..Scotch on Sunday has been around for over a year now. As a unit things have changed quite considerably and I mean it in a good way. I am vey happy with how the feel has become and a how we can read one another. I know it sounds hokey but I think you know what I'm talking about. Vocaly we are all now contributing to the mix making it much richer and fuller. We can Scotchify tunes like no tomorrow and even do alternate lyrics that arn't approprate for younger ears (on the fly!). Ohh I forgot to mention that we can drink beer too....New recordings will follow shortly..:food-smiley-004:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts