The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hypnotic Eye from a few years ago is really good.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
My favourite albums were Long After Dark & Let Me Up I've Had Enough. Damn The Torpedoes is right up there too.
Stopped listening to him right around the early 90's. His stuff from that point didn't pack the same punch for me.

·
Premium Member
27,284 Posts
Maybe the short of it is, it's all good.
I'll second that. The double live album from the 80's is pretty decent.
I suppose at this point the recommendation is to watch the documentary on Netflix. It's 4hrs long, but well worth the patience. One spends a lot of time thinking "Oh yeah,THAT one. How could I have forgotten it? I love that tune. "

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
To me his music was a bridge from the 70s onward. Even though different sounds and styles became popular through each decade after, his sound was always there for us. I'm planning on relistening and appreciating his anthology.
Hard to pick a fave but I always come back to this tune for the energy it provides. Damn the torpedoes...but it's not full speed ahead for awhile.

[video]

Reactions: zontar

·
Administrator
17,403 Posts
We cover "Breakdown", "Mary Jane", "End of the Line", and "Handle With Care", and I'll be sure to include them in next weeks practice. Used to cover "Running Down A Dream" so maybe we'll throw that back in the list.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Aside from his amazing songwriting, he had to be a good sport to try and teach Homer how to rock... classic episode.

[video]

Reactions: sambonee
1 - 20 of 30 Posts