The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I jammed on my friend's Hellraiser and it sounded great (EMG 81/85 pickups in it, so that obviously helped) and the Floyd stayed in tune really well after some whammy abuse.

That said, I haven't tried any other models, but I've heard nothin' but good things about them. No harm trying it out.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Any guitar would be, just find one you like the feel of. Check out an Ibanez RG350... I shit you not, it's only about $500 and I LOVE the feel and sound of it (after pickups were swapped I fell in love). Plus, come on now, it's just plain sexy:

(pic is from the first day I got her... plastic is still on the pickguard and shit, haha)

·
Registered
42 Posts
After dealing the line I would have to say if you want to spend the extra on it you would be making a great choice! Not to mention I own 3 myself, amongst my LP, Hamer, Lakland, Ovations, Charvel, and after tomorrow.. A new G&L Legacy!! But I love the line, they only make one line with basswood bodies... And that ain't one of 'em!! All but their Deluxes' are mahogany w/maple top bodies and piece mahogany necks, same wood scheme as a LP, less doe!! I have a C1+ loaded with a Duncan Custom(B) and Duncan 59(N), a C1+FR I threw an 81&85 in, and a stock PT Custom, (looks almost like the PT Anniversary) by far my fav if I get called out on a country gig. Great axes man... you can't go wrong!!
:food-smiley-004:
Steve

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hey GZ; I love Schecters, they are awesome guitars and that black cherry flame is totally delicious, but if I was in the market for a right-handed guitar, I would seriously consider the Hamm SS4, don't think you could go wrong especially for the price!

Can't wait to hear that G&L Steve!

TGIF!

I

·
0 Posts
I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to looks (that one looks like a shred machine to me) but Schecter's are very nice guitars. I'd own one again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah.. Michelle is right, the price on the Hamm's is really good!! Been chatting with him about his distribution, gonna try to help him out by setting him up with one of the Atlantic reps I used to deal with. Hopefully on a trip down this way this summer he is going to drop one off for me to check out.. Plus it is a CANADIAN product.... Can you really go wrong with that!!!
:food-smiley-004:
Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts