The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had quite a scare today as our little Yorkie was vomiting and not feeling well. It turns out he had ingested a steel bristle from a BBQ cleaning brush and it lodged itself in his stomach. They where able to remove it with a endoscopy procedure witout operating. Very fortunate. My wife and i and so greatfull to the Alta Vista pet hospital. We cant imagine not having him in our lives. We had herd of people swallowing these bristles and being rushed to the hospital so be very carefull with you steel brushes. Our daughter just brought us a wooden paddle to clean the BBQ. Seems that this is the new way to scrape the grills. It was bought at Costco's. Included a pic of our little guy.
IMG_5250.JPG

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Glad he's Ok Marc.

I'd heard stories about those steel bristle brushes, the wooden paddle seems like the way to go.

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
That type of bristle BBQ cleaning brush should have been banned ages ago. The number of people seen in the ER due to these has been alarming.

Your Yorkie certainly is cute (and I'm not one that uses that word often..maybe once every 5 years...LOL). What an expression he has in that pic! Glad to hear that he is now doing well.

·
Premium Member
8,456 Posts
Glad he's ok.

I once pulled a bristle out of my mouth ( found in one of those big smoked turkey drumsticks at Canada's Wonderland). I complained and they no longer sell them.

My old goldie also ate a long needle at the end of a christmas popcorn-thing my wife was working on. I don't have to imagine that you paid a fortune to have it removed.

·
Premium Member
16,635 Posts
Also glad your dog is doing well! No bbq here but we have to watch what we are doing.

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
That's great news Marc. What a cute doggie. :) I still have a steel brush here. Its time to get rid of it.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Wow, glad to hear it didn't turn out worse. I've never heard of the BBQ bristle thing before. I'm tossing mine out

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That type of bristle BBQ cleaning brush should have been banned ages ago. The number of people seen in the ER due to these has been alarming.

Your Yorkie certainly is cute (and I'm not one that uses that word often..maybe once every 5 years...LOL). What an expression he has in that pic! Glad to hear that he is now doing well.
Thank you Dave. He is a little devil.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad he's ok.

I once pulled a bristle out of my mouth ( found in one of those big smoked turkey drumsticks at Canada's Wonderland). I complained and they no longer sell them.

My old goldie also ate a long needle at the end of a christmas popcorn-thing my wife was working on. I don't have to imagine that you paid a fortune to have it removed.
We are going to pick him up this morning at 10 a.m. Its expensive but i would sell a kidney to pay for it if i had to.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all. I am glad that so many of you will toss those steel brushes out.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
We had quite a scare today as our little Yorkie was vomiting and not feeling well. It turns out he had ingested a steel bristle from a BBQ cleaning brush and it lodged itself in his stomach. They where able to remove it with a endoscopy procedure witout operating. Very fortunate. My wife and i and so greatfull to the Alta Vista pet hospital. We cant imagine not having him in our lives. We had herd of people swallowing these bristles and being rushed to the hospital so be very carefull with you steel brushes. Our daughter just brought us a wooden paddle to clean the BBQ. Seems that this is the new way to scrape the grills. It was bought at Costco's. Included a pic of our little guy. View attachment 85993
Cute little guy, there Marcos. I'm glad you found the piece to the "puzzle".

I just threw out our bristle brush the other day. Even though I am very careful, I am not going to take any chances with the health of my family or friends.

Reactions: marcos

·
Registered
38 Posts
What up w/ that puzzle piece on the floor? I too am glad your dogs doing well. I have a Pomeranian & couldnt imagine being without her. Let alone due to the Bbq brush!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What up w/ that puzzle piece on the floor? I too am glad your dogs doing well. I have a Pomeranian & couldnt imagine being without her. Let alone due to the Bbq brush!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
That pic was taken a few months back. He likes to pic up anything on the floor and brings it to his bed. He doesnt eat it unless its actually food.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts