The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

· Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Maybe guitars Canada should make members have 1000 posts before they can post on the for sale section...
wouldn't have helped, in this case anyway.

Maybe you/we can also refer to a listing on a site with seller/buyers protection. I have no problem selling on Reverb with related fees if both are feeling more safe. Everyone need to take precaution, but everyone risq tolerance is different.
Against forum rules. Also think it defeats the purpose of the classified section. A lot of people give a GC discount for an easier and or no ship sale for example.... then again reverb has the offer feature so you could leverage that, but then the fees.

· Registered
610 Posts
wouldn't have helped, in this case anyway.

Against forum rules. Also think it defeats the purpose of the classified section. A lot of people give a GC discount for an easier and or no ship sale for example.... then again reverb has the offer feature so you could leverage that, but then the fees.
Not sure against which rules. If someone prefer giving a discount and being less safe, it is personal choice i guess. Different point but its like shipping without insurance to save… its ok if nothing happens.

· Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Not sure against which rules. If someone prefer giving a discount and being less safe, it is personal choice i guess. Different point but its like shipping without insurance to save… its ok if nothing happens.
The forum rules for the classified section. No links to your items on 3rd party selling sites.

Item #1 here: Forum Rules

The idea is that this is a community, where there can be some degree of trust (within certain reasonable bounds). I believe in that and haven't been burned yet in my many years and transactions here (I have also done my due diligence). Nor has anyone that I can recall (there's been questions and bitching, but it all worked out in the end) - as I explained earlier, this scam did NOT happen here per se. It was external, targeting someone here using freely available info open to the general public (non members). It's up to us all to be safe, and there's various ways to do that (including just not using the classifieds here, which is every person's prerogative).

· Registered
610 Posts
The forum rules for the classified section. No links to your items on 3rd party selling sites.

Item #1 here: Forum Rules

The idea is that this is a community, where there can be some degree of trust (within certain reasonable bounds). I believe in that and haven't been burned yet in my many years and transactions here (I have also done my due diligence). Nor has anyone that I can recall (there's been questions and bitching, but it all worked out in the end) - as I explained earlier, this scam did NOT happen here per se. It was external, targeting someone here using freely available info open to the general public (non members). It's up to us all to be safe, and there's various ways to do that (including just not using the classifieds here, which is every person's prerogative).
I do understand. Still can be list on more than one site.

· Premium Member
157 Posts
Bum deal. Sorry to hear this happened. I got ripped off by a fella name Eric in Edmonton years ago who offered to repair an amplifier for me. Never returned or replied to messages and disappeared. Long story short lesson learned and I do a lot of homework on sales/deals now.

· Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Dear Bradley, I’m really, really sorry this happened to you. I recently got scammed on a used car purchase where the safety certificate was bogus, resulting in thousands of dollars of unplanned repair. It feels horrible, I know. The breach of trust, especially after likely years of trusted, successful transactions, can really hurt. But my best advise to you is to put it in perspective, learn from it and not dwell on it too much. We all have so much to be thankful for, let the small bit of negative we’re forced to endure fall to the wayside. Best of luck and best wishes to you.
Yes Sir, I always strive to take the high road in life. '' Love thy neighbour, do unto others". I agree, we all have so much to be thankful for. Thank you for your kind words. Bradley Bischoff Canmore Alberta.

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Karma will come to that scamster.... it always does !!!!

· Registered
1,136 Posts
When I got scammed the RCMP (or OPP? not sure) found all his Facebook friends and contacted them all that he was wanted for questioning in a theft. The guy got back to me and eventually gave me all my money, crying about how all his friends are calling about the cops. he said he would give me the money back if I promised to tell the officer to back off. I agreed, but I asked the officer to send him to jail.
I love it when Justice is served 😆👍

61 - 80 of 98 Posts