The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends. I am ashamed to say someone going by the name of Peter Dallas Riley from Winnipeg has just scammed me out of a significant amount of hard earned cash. This Pensioner paid a tidy sum of cash to Peter Dallas Riley for a guitar that never was. He lied and hurt me. I thought we had a deal on a Jerry Jones Baritone Guitar. It turned out to be a nightmare. I reported it to my local RCMP Detachment today. Let's hope they find their man. Beware friends. Please be careful and diligent in your guitar deals. 99% of our guitar community are outstanding individuals.
Yours in music, Bradley

· Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This person was blocked by CGF. He noticed I was looking for a baritone guitar because I had a WTB here on this site. He contacted me through text message then this horror/torment began. Thank you friends. Bradley

Just did a little research, yes the Peter Riley is known to our Moderators here.

· Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dear Bradley, I’m really, really sorry this happened to you. I recently got scammed on a used car purchase where the safety certificate was bogus, resulting in thousands of dollars of unplanned repair. It feels horrible, I know. The breach of trust, especially after likely years of trusted, successful transactions, can really hurt. But my best advise to you is to put it in perspective, learn from it and not dwell on it too much. We all have so much to be thankful for, let the small bit of negative we’re forced to endure fall to the wayside. Best of luck and best wishes to you.
Thank you Sir, we all have so much to be thankful for. What does not kill you makes you stronger. I appreciate your well thought out response. Peace. Bradley

· Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
You've all been so great. I continue to build my file with our local RCMP. Forwarding photos, e-transfer screen shot, email address and phone numbers. Pretty much done what I can do. I am in a good spot for guitars. Enjoying my Boucher OM Bluegrass Hybrid and a 59 Strat Custom Shop through a Swart Space Tone Amp. Like many of you I have played them all. The fraud hurts but I take solace in the fact that you all have my back. Blessings, Bradley.

· Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I’m in Winnipeg. Is that his real name?
Well I have a drivers license with that name on it and a photograph of him holding the docs. Who knows if that is Dallas Pete Riley. Have forwarded all to local RCMP. Hopefully something will come of it. Thanks Chris.
Hey Bradley; I can only imagine how bad you feel. I had almost the exact same thing happen to me here on the GC Forum last week. Some dirt bag answered answered my WTB: Eastman E40 OM ad here. His asking price seemed a bit high & right away he dropped the price by $500.00 without me even asking...1st telltale sign...Then he would only accept etransfer. No PayPal. 2nd telltale sign... he even did the same as your guy. Sent me pics of his drivers license & some other ID card to show he wouldn't rip me off. Hmmmm...My Spidey Senses were REALLY tingling now! I said- "Okay. Send me a pic of you holding the guitar"....Crickets! I KNEW IT! SCAMMER!!!!
I reported it here right away & Jay banned him
Thanks Rudi. RCMP has all docs now. Fingers crossed that something good will happen. Karma on my side. Playing a nice Boucher OM Bluegrass Hybrid and my electric rig is a Custom Shop 59 Strat through a Swart Space Tone. I have a gig in Banff this aft. Will be rockin' away on Bear Street. Great to hear from you. Bradley Bischoff

· Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Wow,I’ve done hundreds maybe thousands of deals,through every form possible,GC,MLP,TGP,ebay,reverb every Kijji,Craigslist,used ad possible over the last 30 years and never had an issue,always trusted everyone,but times are a changing and those people are out there and are low life’s,I’m sorry to hear about your shitty experience and hope you get your money back some how.
Cheers
I too have done so many deals on line over the years. Collings Forum, Ebay, Craigslist, Kijiji, CGF. NEVER and a bad deal. I am done. My trust is shot for the moment. Thanks for your kind words. Bradley

· Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Dear Bradley, I’m really, really sorry this happened to you. I recently got scammed on a used car purchase where the safety certificate was bogus, resulting in thousands of dollars of unplanned repair. It feels horrible, I know. The breach of trust, especially after likely years of trusted, successful transactions, can really hurt. But my best advise to you is to put it in perspective, learn from it and not dwell on it too much. We all have so much to be thankful for, let the small bit of negative we’re forced to endure fall to the wayside. Best of luck and best wishes to you.
Yes Sir, I always strive to take the high road in life. '' Love thy neighbour, do unto others". I agree, we all have so much to be thankful for. Thank you for your kind words. Bradley Bischoff Canmore Alberta.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts