The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends. I am ashamed to say someone going by the name of Peter Dallas Riley from Winnipeg has just scammed me out of a significant amount of hard earned cash. This Pensioner paid a tidy sum of cash to Peter Dallas Riley for a guitar that never was. He lied and hurt me. I thought we had a deal on a Jerry Jones Baritone Guitar. It turned out to be a nightmare. I reported it to my local RCMP Detachment today. Let's hope they find their man. Beware friends. Please be careful and diligent in your guitar deals. 99% of our guitar community are outstanding individuals.
Yours in music, Bradley

·
Premium Member
6,653 Posts
When I got scammed the RCMP (or OPP? not sure) found all his Facebook friends and contacted them all that he was wanted for questioning in a theft. The guy got back to me and eventually gave me all my money, crying about how all his friends are calling about the cops. he said he would give me the money back if I promised to tell the officer to back off. I agreed, but I asked the officer to send him to jail.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Fraud sucks. Makes you question everything and everyone. I’m quite familiar with the Winnipeg music scene. I would love to offer my help where possible.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This person was blocked by CGF. He noticed I was looking for a baritone guitar because I had a WTB here on this site. He contacted me through text message then this horror/torment began. Thank you friends. Bradley

Just did a little research, yes the Peter Riley is known to our Moderators here.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I have been contacted my scammers on here, but fortunately it was quite obvious. We definitely take for granted the fact that 99% of us on here are trustworthy. I hope you get your money back.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Dear Bradley, I’m really, really sorry this happened to you. I recently got scammed on a used car purchase where the safety certificate was bogus, resulting in thousands of dollars of unplanned repair. It feels horrible, I know. The breach of trust, especially after likely years of trusted, successful transactions, can really hurt. But my best advise to you is to put it in perspective, learn from it and not dwell on it too much. We all have so much to be thankful for, let the small bit of negative we’re forced to endure fall to the wayside. Best of luck and best wishes to you.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Sometimes I want to make a fake WTB ad…except, when the guy thinks he has the scam completed, I pull a Dexter on him.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy Fingers

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dear Bradley, I’m really, really sorry this happened to you. I recently got scammed on a used car purchase where the safety certificate was bogus, resulting in thousands of dollars of unplanned repair. It feels horrible, I know. The breach of trust, especially after likely years of trusted, successful transactions, can really hurt. But my best advise to you is to put it in perspective, learn from it and not dwell on it too much. We all have so much to be thankful for, let the small bit of negative we’re forced to endure fall to the wayside. Best of luck and best wishes to you.
Thank you Sir, we all have so much to be thankful for. What does not kill you makes you stronger. I appreciate your well thought out response. Peace. Bradley

1 - 20 of 97 Posts