The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how much savings is worth going out of the country?

I found an American site that offers free shipping to Canada. They sell a 12 pack of my brand for $51.99 USD, again with free shipping. That converts to $69.75 CAD. Then there is a 3% money fee (PayPal, Visa etc.) which becomes $71.85 CAD. This divided by 12 packs = $5.99 CAD per pack. Long and McQuade charges $6.50 per pack, but then there is 13% HST in Ontario, so the total is $7.35 CAD from L & M. The strings from the USA usually don't get the 13% tax added on when it is a low number. So if all works out, I will save a total of $16.29 CAD on 12 packs of strings.

That is like getting 2 packs for free...

What say ye?

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Strings and Beyond has the best prices I have found so far. I only order from them. Free shipping most of the time, but they use economy to Canada so it takes a little longer than normal. I've never waited more than 10 days for a shipment from them.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I use the subscription deal with Strings and Beyond. Every 8 weeks they auto-send my order and I save 10%. It's great, I don't think I'll get strings at L&Ms again (but I buy lots of other stuff there). Also, I'm addicted to Pyramid Nickel Classics, which L&Ms doesn't carry.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
I used to go thru strings a lot. Now seems hat I have less acus on my prosperarían and don't oxidize the strings as I used to. And, I don't break strings nearly s much anymore.

Finally I'm so biased towards playing guitar as opposed to doing any other guitar related activity. I'm that lazy ass who changed the broken string only most of the time. Questionable guitar care. I live with it.

I paid $3.75 per set from sweet water during a sale they had.

Got the 9's tops 10's bottoms set from didiaruio . I really like them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts