The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, today i went to a guitar shop and ive played one of the best guitar (feeling wise). The neck have a nice shape and its satin but the only issue, i wonder if gunk or dirt will form on the neck. Since i have sweaty hands dirt build up quite quickly on my guitar, even if i wash my hands each rime before playing it gets dirty. So will the neck be covered in gunk dirt?

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,852 Posts
I love satin finishes. My problem is not that they get dirty, rather, they get glossy over time. :(

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,852 Posts
They get glossy? like a glossy finish?
Yes. Your skin acts kind of like super fine grit sand paper. Over time, the satin finish is polished to a semi-gloss where the most friction occurs. Certain parts of the neck, the arm contour, if you anchor your picking hand on the body with your pinky (not a problem if you have a pickguard), etc.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes. Your skin acts kind of like super fine grit sand paper. Over time, the satin finish is polished to a semi-gloss where the most friction occurs. Certain parts of the neck, the arm contour, if you anchor your picking hand on the body with your pinky (not a problem if you have a pickguard, etc.
Well thats a shame

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Just clean it and you will not have a gunky neck. I have the same problem with sweaty hands. It took a long time for me to find a pick that wouldn't slip out of my hands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts