The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm anxiously waiting for my Satellite Neutron and matching cab to be sent here from San Diego. I was wondering if anyone here has experience playing/owning a Satellite amp. So far the customer service i've gotten from Adam Grimm, the owner/builder has been great. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I currently own 2 Satellite amps (an Elmer and a custom build) and previously owned another (an Atom). Adam's amp builds are top notch, sound amazing and he is a great guy to deal with.

I made a point of stopping by his shop a few years ago when I was in San Diego and he was more than gracious in letting me hang out for the day, walking me through some of his amp and guitar collection and talking about gear, vintage electronics and coffee. It was pretty awesome.

The Neutron is a great amp, and I have nothing but good things to say about Satellite as well. Congrats on your purchase!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I see that you're in Victoria, I'm in Vancouver. If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay in shipping and duty to get the amp across the border? Thanks.

Doug

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Doug, it's been a few years so I don't recall the exact cost of shipping and duty off the top of my head. I do remember though that I had both amps shipped to a cargo forwarding company in Blaine (Seawings Express, no affiliation) who trucked them from Blaine to the Victoria Intl Airport where I proceeded to clear them through Customs myself. A scooter pal of mine clued me into this method when he imported a Vespa motor from the US for a restoration - it can save you big bucks in brokerage fees and shipping costs (shipping to the border in the USA is cheap, but crossing over the border adds a bunch to the bill). I'm sure there are plenty of cargo forwarding companies in Vancouver you could use if that interests you. Sorry I couldn't be more specific about a number.

Andy

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm anxiously waiting for my Satellite Neutron and matching cab to be sent here from San Diego. I was wondering if anyone here has experience playing/owning a Satellite amp. So far the customer service i've gotten from Adam Grimm, the owner/builder has been great. Any feedback is appreciated.
HI Doug. I also have several things that Satellite has made. Currently I have an Atom, and a White amp 2 cabs (a 2x10 and a 2x12), and a custom one off 5 Watt Intercom Conversion champ style Adam made me...I also have a number of pedals he has made (a Fogcutter, custom Wah Fuzz, My Pall Fuzz Fuzz, a Couple other limited things...and I also have an original Eradicator pedal.

I've also had a Neutron, another Atom, a Helion, and one or two others...All the amps sounded fantastic and are exactly what I needed. My Atom is my lifer amp...If can do ANYTHING, and the neutron is just its little brother. It has a little less headroom than the Atom, but easily competes with Marshalls, Oranges etc...I really think you won't be disappointed!

Adam has always been fantastic to deal with, and forthcoming with information. Shipping can sometimes take a little while, but he's one of the best guys I've ever dealth with!

If you have anymore questions about Satellite stuff ask me anytime!

Cheers and congrats with your purchase!

BTW...I'm the fellow that sort of hipped stompbox to Satellite stuff!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts