The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What a great night it was. I was surprised by an old friend from high school who showed up. We hadn’t seen each other in over 40 years. We connected a couple of years ago on Facebook but had never found the time to get together. He lives a two hour drive away. He surprised me last night showing up at the jam. We had a great time between sets reliving the past. He started playing guitar a couple of years ago and brought a nice dobro along with him. He didn’t want to get on stage so this morning we had a nice jam with just the two of us before he left for home. We have another mutual guitar playing friend who lives half way between us so we’re going to try to arrange a meetup with the three of us. I’d never played an actual Dobro guitar before. Man, are they heavy SOBs but the tone makes up for it.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No video that I know of. The trumpet guy is from a local blues band, the MT’s. Later I played with the rest of them. We tried to struggle through Stormy Monday but it was a train wreck at first. Everyone was playing slightly different versions. We realized it pretty quickly and reverted to a standard 12 bar. I like playing the Allman Brothers version but a couple of guys were playing the T-Bone Walker version which is slightly different on the turnaround.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts