The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
They were good. I saw them in an early incarnation at a bar in Islington, when they were called "Pockets". They had to change their name due to copyrights when they got a recording contract, so Saga it was. I got to chat with the band during the break since there was hardly anyone there. One (or more) of the guys were in the band Fludd, who used to play at my high school dances. I would totally go to this show.

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
They were good. I saw them in an early incarnation at a bar in Islington, when they were called "Pockets". They had to change their name due to copyrights when they got a recording contract, so Saga it was. I got to chat with the band during the break since there was hardly anyone there. One (or more) of the guys were in the band Fludd, who used to play at my high school dances. I would totally go to this show.

I'm of the same vintage in seeing them. Saw them a number of times at the Piccadilly Tube in Toronto when they were Pockets. They blew me away. Nothing like that in the bars at the time. Don't think I ever saw them as Saga. The bass player had been in a late incarnation of Fludd. The singer had been in a late incarnation of the band Truck. They were a band that covered Gentle Giant, King Crimson etc. Also a killer band.

L

·
0 Posts
I remember walking past the purple Fludd bus parked on the street on my way to school everyday.
Decades later, I met Greg Godovitz at a private party and mentioned that to him.
He tried selling me his book so that I can find out more about those days. lol.

·
Premium Member
10,051 Posts
Wish I saw them, but it would have made me sad.
Saga was the first concert I ever went to, was at maple leaf gardens...I was maybe in gr.7.was a great show.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts