The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
We're in Ottawa but we've been out of circulation for a while due to health reasons and the '19.
2112 For The Love of Rush is playing the Rockpile in Toronto on July 1rst. They are very good.
There is another Permanent Waves in Toronto but their next show is slated for October.
There's also New World Men in Montreal doing a few shows this summer, if you are planning to go around there.
There's also Trilogy from Quebec but I don't see any shows listed by them this summer.
My Favourite Headache also has a show in Bradford, Ontario on July 1rst.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome Andrew. I can't help you with the Rush tribute band but on another note are you planning on checking out any guitar stores? The Twelfth Fret has some amazing guitars.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Fall back possibilities for YYZ rhythm failure is the syncopation for the Tom Sawyer tom breakdown or being able to do the entire "Roll the Bones" rap. Enjoy your visit!

Reactions: ishtar

·
Premium Member
21,342 Posts
Primus was just at Massey Hall playing all Rush songs and they were very good.
They are heading to the UK this Fall with the show
View attachment 423449
Although I am a big Primus and Les Claypool fan, hearing them play Rush is a bit of a cringe for me. I mean, they're a brilliant band but it just sounds weird to me.

I have yet to hear a convincing tribute to Rush. I applaud the efforts but I think I have to stick with the abundant concert DVDs with the real thing.

But, then again, I seem to lack the ability to suspend disbelief enough to enjoy some of the biopic flicks that have been released to wide acclaim covering bands like Queen, and artists like Johhny Cash and Elvis.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts