The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject: FW: Sad News - - Larry LaPrise

Sad News...
With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week.

Larry LaPrise, the man that wrote "The Hokey Pokey" died peacefully at the age of 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in, and then the trouble started.

Shut up. You know it's funny!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
elindso said:
Dwarf, I thought you said go down on the wharf. Martin Mull:wink: :wink:
uh, what?:confused-smiley-010

·
Premium Member
16,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A friend and former student of mine showed me a hand written arrangement in standard notation I had taught him back in the 80s.

I had absolutely no recollection of doing it.

It was my hand writing.

It's weird getting old.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
A friend and former student of mine showed me a hand written arrangement in standard notation I had taught him back in the 80s.

I had absolutely no recollection of doing it.

It was my hand writing.

It's weird getting old.
Agree totally.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Subject: FW: Sad News - - Larry LaPrise

Sad News...
With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week.

Larry LaPrise, the man that wrote "The Hokey Pokey" died peacefully at the age of 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in, and then the trouble started.

Shut up. You know it's funny!

What a great word picture! My wife and I both laughed out loud.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts