The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's thoughts on these models?

I'm an electric player that wants to get a dreadnought size acoustic. I'm indifferent to electronics as I'll just be playing for myself and my daughter.

I've just been doing some internet browsing and really liking the look/spec of these models, but I'll have to wait until I get to the city to try them out. Are they a good value? How would they compare to the entry level Martin or Taylor guitars. One would think you are paying a little bit for the brand name, whereas with the S&P all your money is going into the guitar. Is this true?

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
What is everyone's thoughts on these models?

I'm an electric player that wants to get a dreadnought size acoustic. I'm indifferent to electronics as I'll just be playing for myself and my daughter.

I've just been doing some internet browsing and really liking the look/spec of these models, but I'll have to wait until I get to the city to try them out. Are they a good value? How would they compare to the entry level Martin or Taylor guitars. One would think you are paying a little bit for the brand name, whereas with the S&P all your money is going into the guitar. Is this true?
The showcase models are indeed very good guitars. Being made in Canada, we get them at a very fair price. However, acoustic guitars vary from one style/size and from one mfr. to another. I have owned an S & P Cedar 6 and liked it very much and the Showcase models are so much better. If you like that tone, then you are getting an exceptional guitar at a great price.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My local store has a new flame maple version on sale $230 off regular price (also $230 cheaper than L&M). Think I'm going to go buy it, but there are so many good guitars in this price range I just wanted to know what others thought.

I played it yesterday and it played great and sounded good, but the strings sounded/looked pretty dead. Do your local stores ever change strings on a guitar before a sale if the buyer is 90% there? Guess it won' hurt to ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts