The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off to see John Fogerty in just over a week on July 28th at the Saddledome. Jim Cuddy will be opening for him. I saw Fogerty in 2005 and it was just a great concert. Will post a review of the 2007 version later.

Long as I remember the rain been comin’ down;
Clouds of myst’ry pourin’, confusion on the ground;
Good men through the ages, tryin’ to find the sun;
And I wonder, still I wonder, who’ll stop the rain?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, a group of us went and saw the John Fogerty concert last night and despite the heat, and the fact we were forced to drink many beers, it was a great great show.

The opening act was Jim Cuddy and his band. He had an incredible female violinist/fiddler in his very tight band. He put on a great show in his very short set.

John Fogerty surely did not disappoint the crowd at the Saddledome. His band was awesome. I have to say that, second to John, Kenny Aronoff on drums was just bloody amazing. At 63 John was as good as he ever was moving from one hit to another. He even had his "baseball bat" guitar for "Centerfield". Just a great collection of guitars on the stage. drool, drool, drool!!!

I was a little disappointed that he did not have "Running Through the Jungle" on his set list. I think the set list was the same as Winnipeg two nights earlier:

Travelin' Band
Green River
Who'll Stop The Rain
It Came Out Of The Sky
Born On The Bayou
Lookin' Out My Backdoor
Lodi
I Will Walk With You
Ramble Tamble
Midnight Special
Bootleg
Deja Vu
I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Have You Ever Seen The Rain
Don't You Wish It Was True
Keep On Chooglin'
Down On The Corner
Rock And Roll Girls
Centerfield
Good Golly Miss Molly
Old Man Down The Road
Up Around The Bend
Fortunate Son
Bad Moon Rising
Proud Mary

I would go and see him again in a minute. Here is Old Down the Road ... and then my battery had to be changed so it is cut short!

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x170/Bluewalrus/Music Video/?action=view&current=017733e9.flv

Finally, here is his encore......... Sorry the sound and video quality did not come across as well as it is on my camera!!!!

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x170/Bluewalrus/Music Video/?action=view&current=fd234890.flv

1 - 3 of 3 Posts