The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indigenous GC Members...BE PROUD!!

Rumble takes two top prizes at Hot Docs 2017 film festival

Rumble: The Indians Who Rocked the World, a film exploring the impact by indigenous artists on popular music, was a double audience-prize winner.

Link Wray appears in Rumble: The Indians Who Rocked The World by Catherine Bainbridge and Alfonso Maiorana. (BRUCE STEINBERG / BRUCE STEINBERG)

That’s a wrap and a Rumble for Hot Docs 2017.

The 24th edition of Hot Docs, aka the Canadian International Documentary Festival, wrapped Sunday night and Rumble: The Indians Who Rocked the World was a double winner. The film exploring the influence of indigenous artists on all forms of popular music took both the $50,000 Rogers Audience Award for Best Canadian Documentary and also the Hot Docs Audience Award.

Co-directed by Catherine Bainbridge and Alfonso Maiorana, Rumble had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
wow I didn't even know about this...thanks for posting

Link Wray has been a huge influence on me

I hope they release the film in regular theatres

·
Premium Member
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched this tonight.

AMAZING!! AMAZING!! AMAZING!!

I urge everyone to watch it...especially if you enjoy music docs.

It is easy to see why it won awards.

I will watch it again to catch some of the things I missed.

·
Premium Member
16,663 Posts
I will try some searching to see if anywhere else has it as well.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I missed a chance to see Link Ray at The Horseshoe, just before he died...

one of my biggest regrets

·
Premium Member
8,552 Posts
yeah it was on PBS here the other night. Didn't watch to the end, it was late, but the first 1/2 or so was decent if not earth shattering.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
yeah it was on PBS here the other night. Didn't watch to the end, it was late, but the first 1/2 or so was decent if not earth shattering.
I PVR'd it and watched it the other night and it was very interesting...definitely worth watching.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts