The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many rotovibe users are there? What's everyone's thoughts on them?

I've played around with one a couple of times, but truthfully the jury is still out as to whether I'd add one into my gear.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
No thanks, ... tried one a few years ago and they just don't cut it like a good vibe unit, check into the fulltone or one of many others out there. I think even the Voodoo Lads vibe is nicer than the roto vibe, just my opinion...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're not the first person I've heard say the same thing. A buddy of mine has a George Dennis Trem/Vib pedal and it is really quite nice. I've played around with a few of the Dennis pedals (never owned my own though) and I've been impressed for the most part with them.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I picked up a Fulltone Deja Vibe from another board member and I like it a lot. There are some others out there that are as good or better but the price was right...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just don't honestly know how often I would use one. Same reason as to why I don't have a double neck guitar right now. Always wanted one, but reality set in and I couldn't figure out when or where I would use it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Units like the fulltone emulate chorus or vibrato, often to give a leslie effect. Nice on a lot of rythmn stuff can also be very nice on the solo stuff as Hendrix and Trower have shown. It's a pricey investment any where from 200-400 depending on unit. The Voodoo labs pedal is under 200 I think and its not bad.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the stuff we play now is hard rock so I don't have alot of use for one on stage. I'm doing some blues stuff on the side so I might consider trying one out. I've got a leslie but it's just too damn big to haul around.

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
Ripper said:
Most of the stuff we play now is hard rock so I don't have alot of use for one on stage. I'm doing some blues stuff on the side so I might consider trying one out. I've got a leslie but it's just too damn big to haul around.

Youre tellin' me. I used to haul one around too. Enough of that. Since you mentioned it, Check out the Boss Leslie pedal, I forget what it is called. I have one on my pedal board. Much more versitle than a straight Vibe. And it has....a univibe setting too. Very cool. It is THE best Leslie simulator that I've heard and has a VERY good Vibe thing too.
Another multi use pedal is the Digitech Expression factory (also on my board) it does, Leslie, Univibe and five other things all very well. I personally use it for the Space Station setting.
As for straight Vibe units, out of the ones I've tried/owned the Fulltone, Prescription and the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe are the best. Don't waste your money on the ROTOVibe. I had one, too phaseshiftery for me. All the above is, of course, IMHO.

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd heard the Digitech one was pretty good. A friend of mine has a boss v-wah and it does the univibe pretty good. Too many pedals not enough time or storage space.

·
Registered
597 Posts
faracaster said:
Don't waste your money on the ROTOVibe. I had one, too phaseshiftery for me....

Cheers
Pete
Ditto that, my thoughts exactly. I thought the red and chrome Crybaby case looked COOL though, so a few years ago I bought one on Ebay. When I listened to it I knew there was no way it deserved a spot on my board... so back on EBay it went. Maybe it's still out there now, wandering the world on UPS trucks looking for a permanent home...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts